MySQL, MyCloudEX4, Windows 10, and NFS
Is this even possible? Should I go a different direction?

I want to sync the library/database of my 4 TV's (w/Firesticks or Fire TV) and my Win 10 PC running with a WD MycloudEX-4 as a NAS Server.

1. I am not sure that mt NAS Server can even be a NFS server. It appears that WD dropped NFS in 2013?
2. Can I run NFS on Win 10? (Again not sure that I can)
3. Has anyone done this?

I got the MySQL sever installed and running on the PC. I backed up the Kodi library, and it did something. Nothing good, but something. My Movie and TV Show categories in Kodi are now gone. Under the Video/Files menu they are there, but every show/movie is marked as as watched.
1) My MyCloud Mirror (Gen1) can happily support NFS, so I'd be surprised if your higher-spec EX4 can't. I know the EX2 is basically almost a clone of the MyCloud Mirror, so I would expect they're on very similar versions of OS3 (WD's operating system for the MyCloud's) but you could fully confirm on the WD forums if you want to be totally sure. I think WD dropped NFS on some of the smaller single-drive MyCloud models, but it's still in the higher end ones.

2) Can't help there I'm afraid, but I can quite happily access my NFS shares in Kodi on my Windows 7 laptop if that's any help, and my MCM also offers the NFS shares by SMB so you can always access them that way.

3) Not quite but similar. The MyCloud is fine to host MySQL using phpMyAdmin.

If Movie and TV Show categories are gone, it would indicate that Kodi can't see/access a library (those menu items only appear when they have a library of the given subject to reference). A Log file (wiki) may shed more light on what's going wrong with the MySQL there.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
MySQL, MyCloudEX4, Windows 10, and NFS0