How to display directory list(Channel/Video list) while video playing on Addon?
How to display directory list or channel/video list while video playing in xbmc/codi addon? currently if i want to display the directory list i have to stop the video in order to return to directory list! i want to modify my addon code so it allow user to change videos while video playing . Live Tv Simple client addon has this option but i don't know how to add that option to my code! Could any one show me how to add this option to my own addon ?

code responsible for playing video:
Code:
def play_video(url):
media_url = url
item = xbmcgui.ListItem(name, path = media_url)
xbmcplugin.setResolvedUrl(int(sys.argv[1]), True, item)
return
I do it by simply having a container with the list. The container has an onclick to handle the action. I believe it is as straight forward as can be? No offense ment!
(2015-12-03, 13:50)Torben Wrote: I do it by simply having a container with the list. The container has an onclick to handle the action. I believe it is as straight forward as can be? No offense ment!

Thanks for reply. I recently have started coding for xbmc so i don't have much experience.Most of the addon that i looked at they don't have this option but only live tv simple addon has it!

could you tell me how to make container with the list and how to call its onclick ?Is there an example addon that i can look at? I just want same as live tv addon but that is written with c++ and i am using python for addon!
Maybe I don't understand something, but Tab key allows to call Kodi GUI while playing video. Then you can navigate the GUI as you like while the video plays in background. To bring the video to the foreground you need to press Tab again.
Keep in mind I possibly dont know all of the issues with this particular plugin.

The way I would do it, woukl be something like:
In the skin. Have a panel. Onclick would handle the action of a click on an item. Else you will leave it up to kodi what should happen. Onclick could f.ex. set a home.property that is used in a plugin:\\ url in another list or whatever. Or call a script to play something.

I believe if you use all the build in standard options in the kodi skins, you will znever achieve what ypu want. Aka use the confæuence skin.

The situarion is probably different id you do the skinning from the addon. I wouldnt know.

On my cell so no exanples. :-)
(2015-12-03, 17:23)Roman_V_M Wrote: Maybe I don't understand something, but Tab key allows to call Kodi GUI while playing video. Then you can navigate the GUI as you like while the video plays in background. To bring the video to the foreground you need to press Tab again.

Thanks for that information . I am using android box that has a remote control . How i can simulate tab using it ? For example i want to press arrow down on remote control(below ok button) and i want the channel list pops up just the way you mentioned by pressing tab! If you use live tv simple addon you can press arrow key down on remote control and channel list pops up!

Is there any solution for this please Huh

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How to display directory list(Channel/Video list) while video playing on Addon?0