Split episode files, both appearing in library
http://kodi.wiki/view/Naming_video_files...it-episode

I thought this was supposed to mean that only a single entry would show up in the library and playlists, and that it would play one after the other?

I switched on that option in Settings-Video-File lists to combine split files.

The files are named exactly the same, ShowName.s01e01.1.mkv and ShowName.s01e01.2.mkv.

So what am I missing?
Quote:ShowName.s01e01.1.mkv and ShowName.s01e01.2.mkv.
I'm not really clear on why your naming convention doesn't work, but might have something to do with this' Note: If you use periods in your file names and include material after the episode number (such as the episode title), you may get a false match to a split-episode pattern if that material begins with a number, or you didn't re-scrape.

Try anything_s01e01_s01e02.ext for TV episodes. And ShowName.s01e01-cd0.ext and ShowName.s01e01-cd1.ext for movies. Be sure to re-scrape the .nfo for these combined videos to show up as such. Examination of the information of any video that has been stacked will show up as 'stacked' in the path.

Forgot to add, a system clean-up after you have stacked the file should eliminate the one of the listings, otherwise you might have to manually delete the second .nfo and associated graphics.
Thanks, I don't have anything after the period, the name of the files is as clean as it gets.

I removed the show folder completely, cleaned the db, added it back, rescraped. Not using .nfo files.

I really am at a loss as to why it isn't working.
Quote:Not using .nfo files.
That's the key, everything is in the library with Kodi, NO .nfo and nothing in the library works. I suspect you just haven't exported your library, and as such have no listing in the folder of .nfo, but if you scrape they are in the library. Try the alternative method that I suggested, and see if the 'information' for the video shows up as stacked after a scrape. Your debug log while doing this is quite helpful, might want to peek at it.
Wait, do you mean export the data to .nfo files and art to the folders and then rescrape everything?
Hang on a second, I dont think the function I am looking for is available in Kodi.

I want both parts of the episode to show up ONCE in the library and when selected for one part to play when the other finishes. Basically, have two separate files, but seamless interaction in Kodi.

That is called file stacking, when used in Movies, but now I dont think it can be done for TV shows.
This works for me Star Trek Enterprise S01E01E02 Broken Bow.ext
(2015-12-06, 17:10)PatK Wrote: This works for me Star Trek Enterprise S01E01E02 Broken Bow.ext

That is a two part episode, not a single episode split into two files.
(2015-12-06, 11:57)Karnagious Wrote: That is called file stacking, when used in Movies, but now I dont think it can be done for TV shows.

Can be done: Series.S01E01.Title.part1.ext & Series.S01E01.Title.part2.ext (Wiki)

You NEED to use a 'magic' keyword, in my example 'part' - should work with tv shows as well...
Bye,
Fry
Kodi v17.6 with shared MariaDB v10.3 | HTS Tvheadend 4.2.6 on RPi2 | running on:
Windows 10x64 | Nvidia Shield | FireTV4k | FireTVStick4 | Android 5 | RPi3 with OSMC
Split episodes will always show up as different entries. The idea is for shows like some cartoons where a single show is actually two 15 minute shows, and people often have these in individual files. What you want is file stacking, but that only works for movies and not TV episodes.
(2015-12-07, 08:26)Ned Scott Wrote: Split episodes will always show up as different entries. The idea is for shows like some cartoons where a single show is actually two 15 minute shows, and people often have these in individual files. What you want is file stacking, but that only works for movies and not TV episodes.

Thanks for the confirmation Ned.

I want to add an intro to a specific TV show, so I will have to do some transciding and use mkvmerge I reckon.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Split episode files, both appearing in library0