FTV Guide
Hi. Since yesterday my FTV Guide has stopped working. Whenever I load it it never moves from the 'loading data from external source' message. I have tried resetting the database and uninstalling/reinstalling it. Could it just be broken?

Thanks
Wrong board. But they are a 72 audit to smoke out others who make use of their EPG....
Why is it the wrong board. Isn't this for program add on support? Isn't FTV guide a program add on? Also, what does 'But they are a 72 audit to smoke out others who make use of their EPG....' mean?
There's a support thread on a different forum - which cannot be linked to from here, you'll have to google.
No idea what the '72 audit' stuff is about - I don't think it means anything tbh.
FTV itself is a Banned add-on (wiki), so associated ones like this are on extremely dodgy ground...
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
I can see the logic, hence my post. However the guide is excellent - I don't use FTV but I use a tweaked version of the guide.
Not much point in discussing it here when there's a big thread / dev support elsewhere, anyway.
Delenn - you'll have to google.
I didn't know it was banned. Are there any other alternatives to FTV Guide that are not banned?
FTV Guide itself isn't banned (hence why this thread isn't in the spam/violation bin), but FTV itself is due to its piracy use/application (see the list I linked to above).

As @trogggy says above, it is possible to use one without the other, but I wanted to stress the differentiation just as a reminder.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
FTV guide can be used with or without illegal feeds... but the code itself includes unrestricted access to illegal feeds thru its included addon.ini, so it does fit within the parameters of a banned plugin.

If it didn't include the addon.ini list, It would be fine.
Image Lunatixz - Kodi / Beta repository
Image PseudoTV - Forum | Website | Youtube | Help?
(2015-12-07, 21:50)Lunatixz Wrote: FTV guide can be used with or without illegal feeds... but the code itself includes unrestricted access to illegal feeds thru its included addon.ini, so it does fit within the parameters of a banned plugin.

The addon.ini actually only includes USTVNow, FilmOn (althought that is via FTV, so maybe?), SkyGo Launcher, ZattooBox and some Irish TV plugin that is in the Kodi repo. It has some dead addons (MX RTE and MX BBC), but both these plugins streamed the streams from the official websites (but had built in proxies).

I guess it counts as banned because it streams from the FTV plugin, but other than that, none of the streams themselves are from 'illegal' places.

Edit: Just double checked, all streams are from legit sources. But, I guess because the FilmOn streams come via FTV, I can see why it'd fall into a banned category. It was actually made a point off in the past that it wouldn't include streams from illegal sources.
(2015-12-10, 23:36)RayW1986 Wrote:
(2015-12-07, 21:50)Lunatixz Wrote: FTV guide can be used with or without illegal feeds... but the code itself includes unrestricted access to illegal feeds thru its included addon.ini, so it does fit within the parameters of a banned plugin.

The addon.ini actually only includes USTVNow, FilmOn (althought that is via FTV, so maybe?), SkyGo Launcher, ZattooBox and some Irish TV plugin that is in the Kodi repo. It has some dead addons (MX RTE and MX BBC), but both these plugins streamed the streams from the official websites (but had built in proxies).

I guess it counts as banned because it streams from the FTV plugin, but other than that, none of the streams themselves are from 'illegal' places.

Edit: Just double checked, all streams are from legit sources. But, I guess because the FilmOn streams come via FTV, I can see why it'd fall into a banned category. It was actually made a point off in the past that it wouldn't include streams from illegal sources.

Nothing negative against FTVguide was meant by my post, only pointing out the only issue is references to banned plugins via the addon.ini

Last time I checked any plugins bypassing region checks counts as a banned plugin. So even the legal BBC feeds become illegal through proxy.
Image Lunatixz - Kodi / Beta repository
Image PseudoTV - Forum | Website | Youtube | Help?
(2015-12-11, 00:19)Lunatixz Wrote: Nothing negative against FTVguide was meant by my post, only pointing out the only issue is references to banned plugins via the addon.ini

I know mate Smile

(2015-12-11, 00:19)Lunatixz Wrote: Last time I checked any plugins bypassing region checks counts as a banned plugin. So even the legal BBC feeds become illegal through proxy.
Ah, well they're no longer working and are now out of the ini file anyway. The only real issue is the FilmOn streams coming from the FTV plugin, I guess. But, all streams themselves are above board Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
FTV Guide0