M8 BOX USB
Tongue 
Hello all and first of all thank you for having the time for reading my topic. I am a new user here just new to kodi and i hope i am in the right section if not i apoliogize.

I have a question i would like to get some help from the more experienced around here which is a was recommended this m8 box to use on my tv but where i usually watch tv in my living room i have a weak internet signal, so i usually use a wirelless usb micro adapter pen to get a better signal in my laptop.

Could anyone around here who owns this box can tell me if i could use the same wireless pen adapter to improve the internet signal in the M8 Box USB ?

Opinions are welcomed thank you

Wink
Most of these android boxes are pretty challenged to start with, the WiFi sucks for the most part. That said, the best connection to the internet is the Ethernet port. Adapters just get in the way, usually use CPU cycles; that probably will not improve what you already have (keep in mind, that your raw connection speed to the internet may be at issue). For the most part it would seem you are using online streaming media and that is not the strength of Kodi, check out Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) Check some of the Android specific builds like SPMC (wiki) that might help with a smooth running box.

Kodi is primarily for users with their own collections of media.
Hi Patk and thanks for your kind reply

Issue here is that at my house i use our wireless internet project called "free zon", so its basically i dont have ethernet available......... this is why our devices usually connect to the wireless with these USB adapter pen drives...... now im not sure if these boxes would be able to connect those pen drives......

Do you would where i could possibly get some more info ?

Tks
You could use a wireless USB device, if it supports android and you can install a driver for the software you're running. This really is the windows forum not the android forum, the fellows in that area might know the hardware type to get. Pay attention to the versions or software, it's not going to be plug & play.
Moved to the Android section, as @PatK is correct.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
Thanks Gents, since this topic is now in a new section of the forum i wonder if i can get some help or suggestions

Im trying to undestand if a USB pen Adapter for internet will run in the M8 Box......since it has a usb slot, has any kind owner of one tried it HuhHuhHuh??

In my devices, i use it with windows and it comes with this small program that runs in the tray called netgear genie

Sugestions are welcomed
Netgear Genie is Netgear's remote control / monitoring app for their routers and similar network devices, so would have nothing to do with this device or issue.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
Hi darren, sure my question above is to understand if i can use my netgeat pen adapter in the M8 box to amplify the available networks a signal, since it has a usb slot and i dont get a very strong wireless internet signal in my house, (and unfortunately i dont have a router or ethernet)

Again ideas are welcomed.................

Smile
As @PatK says, there are better solutions than these boxes. Look at the other threads in this section or in the hardware section for some other options which work better and have better support.

Or you may be better just buying a stand-alone wifi extender/repeater which could boost your signal strength for both your laptop and any box you may buy. But depending on what you want to use the box for, you may struggle anyway as wifi is not the best solution for media playing over the network, especially streaming at high definition. But that said if you don't have a router then it may be your only option.

Kodi Blog Posts
Hey Darren and thanks agan for the reply

So basically im not lookinf to have or stream HD, just normal television service.

If you can advise me w some link of one box that comes already with a good wi fi signal extender or repeater that would be much appreciated of course........

Like said above i dont have a router i make use of a wireless network project - as this is my holiday home basically...........

Ideas again are super welcomed

Smile merry christmas
I don't need or use one, so it's difficult to recommend a specific WiFi repeater. I would look at a separate device for one though, not one built into a Kodi box. Try Google or a hardware review site, or maybe even the hardware section of the board. Or a local electronics store perhaps.

Most of the major router makers produce them though.

Kodi Blog Posts
Could you link me to the other kodi boxes that you recommend apart from thre M8 and why you reccommend them ?

Im pretty new to KODI but i truly think its an amazing program

Smile
For range extenders I was meaning something like these from Netgear. But most router makers produce something similar. I've never needed or used one personally so I can't recommend any particular one. Nor they are just hardware to boost and extend the range of WiFi signals, and are nothing directly related to Kodi.

Personally my main Kodi box is a Raspberry Pi 2, which does the job fine for me but I mainly play locally stored files via Ethernet.

Kodi Blog Posts
interesting........ i never seen like those, so how do they work, i just get one from my house and connect this extender to the desired netword and it will amplify the signal inside my house ?

Smile

Thanks for the feedback by the way
Yes. They connect to the original weak network signal and then re-broadcast it as their own stronger network signal. As long as the original signal is strong enough for the repeater to connect to then you should be OK. The new network should be at a much higher strength.

Kodi Blog Posts

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
M8 BOX USB0