v16 Keymap.xml doesn't work
(2016-01-21, 16:28)trogggy Wrote: If you're set as an MCE keyboard then the harmony will be sending key combinations for red, green etc - so having them in <remote> settings isn't going to work.

Try setting as an MCE remote (I use 'MicrosoftWindows Media Center SE' in the Harmony software) and see if the buttons for colours work in kodi.

I can switch devices on my remote, so when I change to Microsoft Windows Media Center SE to test those key presses, it does not recognize the colored buttons unfortunately.

Is this maybe Windows 10 related? I tried another receiver and it didn't register the keypresses either, so weird.
I have plugged another receiver into my windows pc and tried to see if it receives the keyboard presses, and it does. It just does not receive the colored buttons from my windows media centre se device on the harmony Sad I really must be missing something.
(2016-01-21, 16:41)coendeurloo Wrote:
(2016-01-21, 16:28)trogggy Wrote: If you're set as an MCE keyboard then the harmony will be sending key combinations for red, green etc - so having them in <remote> settings isn't going to work.

Try setting as an MCE remote (I use 'MicrosoftWindows Media Center SE' in the Harmony software) and see if the buttons for colours work in kodi.

I can switch devices on my remote, so when I change to Microsoft Windows Media Center SE to test those key presses, it does not recognize the colored buttons unfortunately.

Is this maybe Windows 10 related? I tried another receiver and it didn't register the keypresses either, so weird.

Try one of the receivers at the beginning of this Harmony thread. I am using the HP variant with success on Windows 10.
I had this one, from the thread: Phillips-Dell OVU412002/00. But it does not recognize the buttons either. I'm now installing windows 7 on a different partition, to see if there's a difference.
Instead of naming your file keymap.xml, try keyboard.xml. That's what I use with no problems.
HOW TO - Kodi 2D - 3D - UHD (4k) HDR Guide Internal & External Players iso menus
DIY HOME THEATER WIND EFFECT

W11 Pro 24H2 MPC-BE\HC madVR KODI 22 GTX960-4GB/RGB 4:4:4/Desktop 60Hz 8bit Video Matched Refresh rates 23,24,50,60Hz 8/10/12bit/Samsung 82" Q90R Denon S720W
I think the main point is that ShowKey.exe (from http://xbmcmce.sourceforge.net/) does not register anything when I press the Red, Green etc buttons. So what I take from that is that it must either be a problem with my Windows or the Intel NUC hardware?
I've only done a quick scan of the posts, but unless I've missed something you've not added the device "Windows Media Center" which is the MCE Remote device profile.
(2016-01-23, 11:45)jjd-uk Wrote: I've only done a quick scan of the posts, but unless I've missed something you've not added the device "Windows Media Center" which is the MCE Remote device profile.

Good point. I have deleted my Intel NUC device and replaced it with a Windows Media Centre device. However, it doesn't make a difference it seems.
Can you post a screenshot showing the mapping of your buttons for the Harmony activity you're creating.
(2016-01-23, 20:07)jjd-uk Wrote: Can you post a screenshot showing the mapping of your buttons for the Harmony activity you're creating.

These are my current devices: http://puu.sh/mHDvT/db68047228.png

And this is for instance my red button mapping (you dont really get a list in the new software): http://puu.sh/mHDz9/25aeeb4885.png
I have setup the same system at my friends house, who has an Asrock ION 330 HTPC with Openelec 6.0, a generic eHome receiver and a Harmony remote, and he has the exact same problem. In his case, the red button does register but it does not execute the instructions from keymap.xml, it starts the PVR from Kodi, which is the default action I guess.

He also only added his TV and the Windows Media Centre SE for this action, and routed the buttons correctly.
Allright, I have installed Openelec 6.0 on a different USB stick on my Intel NUC and FINALLY it is working. All the other settings are exactly the same, and I didn't change anything on my Harmony remote.

So this is definitely an issue with Windows 10. I wish I could do a non-destructive reinstall and see if it works after that.
keyboard.xml doesn't work after upgrade to Jarvis RC3. Running windows 10 and everything was just fine untill I upgraded. What is newHuh?
Even got red blinking areas in the skin (xperience1080) while using the keyboard.xml so something was triggered, but not the wanted result.
I downgraded to RC2 and now it works... strange...
My eventghost mappings are working fine under RC3 duno if thats relevant just thought i'd mention,
Hello

I just updated to Jarvis 16.1 RC3 installed on RPI2+

And the red+green+yellow+blue buttons on my remote stop to work.

I try with or without keymap.xml but it change nothing : just not functionnal anymore...

Sorry for my poor english.

Any help will be welcome.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Keymap.xml doesn't work0