Help with custom background images not found
Hi
I wonder if anyone can help me I'm fairly new... I'm trying to set custom background images for the different home menus.. I've got a set of photos and put them in the dim and camera folder but when I go through skin settings and change background images the folder is empty. I've converted images to 1920x1080 and stuck them back in but still no files are listed. Am I doing something wrong?
This might me a bit late, but let another n00b try and help. How I set up mine is that, for example, is I have a folder called YouTube that has images that rotate when I am on the the YouTube home selection. I customize the selection, choose background, multi-image, and then the folder that contains the files, and open the folder. The folder is empty, but I select ok anyway. If you are just trying to select a single image, I assume that you are choosing single image and then attempting to select that image. If so and still don't see the image, what file format are you trying to use? I am using .jpg and .png files.

Poirot
Actually I had similar issue with latest version of this skin. You cant do it that way. You have to load photos using File manager instead. If you do it that way it will show up where you are trying to find them. Apparently its a kodi issue. Hope will get fixed soon. Hope that helps : )
Sorry for the late reply when you say upload using file manager what do you mean
Same here with 5.8.2 my custom backgrounds are not shown anymore (default astronaut is shown instead) but only for some sections (e.g. Movies, TV Shows, Music). The paths are still valid and correctly set in the skin settings. Seems like all single picture backgrounds are still working and multiple not.
(2016-02-13, 15:26)hoschi80 Wrote: Same here with 5.8.2 my custom backgrounds are not shown anymore (default astronaut is shown instead) but only for some sections (e.g. Movies, TV Shows, Music). The paths are still valid and correctly set in the skin settings. Seems like all single picture backgrounds are still working and multiple not.

Can confirm, same here. Setting a single background image works, but multi-image does not anymore, even when re-setting them in the skin options.
I have found out that the multi images for your background do not work with the new skinshortcuts 1.0.6 I'm not that good with codes to try to fix it the only way I found out how to fix it until the skin gets updated or a fix is found is to go back to skinshortcuts 1.0.2 I'm waiting on a fix myself
(2016-02-13, 17:08)Short Wrote: I have found out that the multi images for your background do not work with the new skinshortcuts 1.0.6 I'm not that good with codes to try to fix it the only way I found out how to fix it until the skin gets updated or a fix is found is to go back to skinshortcuts 1.0.2 I'm waiting on a fix myself

Which version of the skin are you using?

If you're using Aeon Nox 5, then that skin doesn't use Skin Shortcuts to manage the menu or to select backgrounds. I can reproduce a problem there setting a multi-image background, but rolling back to Skin Shortcuts 1.0.2 would have no effect on this whatsoever, so I presume it can't be the issue you're experiencing Confused

Nox 5 Silvo (and some other mods) do have deeper integration of Skin Shortcuts, but I suspect you would have said if you were using a mod of the skin, and I can't reproduce any problems with setting the background on the couple of Nox mods I've tried.

If it's the former, then a Nox 5 expert will hopefully be able to help. If it's the latter, I might be able to help (I'm familiar with the Skin Shortcuts script) but only with a full debug log (wiki).

Edit:- For those whose issue is with Nox 5 (original) - IncludesBackgroundBuilding.xml - line 124 (include name="HomeFanart") - try changing the image control inside to:

Code:
<control type="multiimage">
    <description>Normal Default Background Image</description>
    <include>FullscreenDimensions</include>
    <fadetime>600</fadetime>
    <imagepath fallback="special://skin/backgrounds/default_bg.jpg" background="true">$VAR[HomeBackgroundVar]</imagepath>
</control>
That worked perfect for the original aeon nox 5.8.2 I just had to change the image path fallback and multiimage works again appreciate it
There is already 5.8.3 in github available which addresses the issue. Thanks bignoid for the quick fix. When will this be available in the official repo? Just want to know if I need to update manually or bettter wait for the automatic update.

Edit: Just read in the release thread that it is already pushed to the repo. Thx

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Help with custom background images not found0