Change Transparency of the Submenu - is it a .png file?
I have been going through a bunch of threads and I have seen people ask about this, but no solid answer.

I am wanting to change the transparency value or image for the submenu in Aeon Nox 5.

There are two images, the light grey background and the blue, when you mouse over a submenu name.

Can this be done?

Is it a .png file? If so, where is it located. ( if it is a .png file then a quick change in photoshop would be easy)

Is it a value setting in one of the xml files?[/size]
The xml file you need to edit is Home.xml. The easiest way would be to add a colordiffuse to the texture to recolour it and adjust it opacity. To do this change the texture tags from
Code:
<texture>texturefilename</texture>
to
Code:
<texure colordiffuse="AARRGGBB">texturefilename</texture>
Replace with AARRGGBB with the hex colour code of your choice. The first two digits are the alpha value (or opacity) followed by the Red, Green and Blue values. For instance 7F00FF00 would be about 50% opacity green.

For the submenu background find lines 145 to 156
Code:
<control type="image" id="90101">
    <left>50</left>
    <width>90</width>
    <height>87</height>
    <texture>submenu_end.png</texture> <!-- ADD IN COLORDIFFUSE OPTION-->
</control>
<control type="image">
    <left>140</left>
    <width>1780</width>
    <height>87</height>
    <texture>submenu_bar.png</texture> <!--ADD IN COLORDIFFUSE OPTION-->
</control>
For the menu highlight find line 184 to 188
Code:
<control type="image">
    <width>300</width>
    <height>41</height>
    <texture>listselect_fo.png</texture> <!--ADD IN COLORDIFFUSE OPTION-->
</control>

Alternatively you could swap or edit the actual textures in the lines indicated (NOTE: These textures are used elsewhere in the skin so editing them will alter other parts of the skin) . Hope this all makes sense.
Tnx this is great i never understound why the first 2 where there. So i could use it to make a full 0 visable 'highlight' and cheat my way out of doing a 1 item menu.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Change Transparency of the Submenu - is it a .png file?0