Play favorites using json
tolriq being the author of yatse, proves that everything he describes can be done and has proved it in his app, so I don't question him., But sometimes those who've succeeded as he might easily get tweaked by others who are not up to speed. that said it's not his responsibility to try and explain what we don't yet understand so all I do is appreciate the help others do give.

that said I as perhaps others have never had much time to work on my KODI app being gainfully employed with other things, but now when I get to it I solve such questions by installing one of these other great working KODI clients and just packet sniff the traffic, the conversion tells you all you need to know. Best part is you don't need to feel frustrated or that your upsetting others by asking.
The problem is not asking Wink

It's that when someone give the answer, always the same thing : Does not work, without saying what they try, error message and everything.
And even after trying to explain again that those data are mandatory to get help, only complains but still do not give any details.

There's nothing like it's like OP, each problem are specific as each users understand things differently.
Thanx for follow-ups axa and tolriq.
don't see where I or anyone "complained". I did not add more info as I was just tacking on to exactly the same question that OP had,
as my question was exactly the same, with same addon and similar streams.
I have expertise in other areas where I try to help other on forums where appropriate and do get where you are coming from tolriq.
The negative response seemed a bit excessive in this case when I read what we in the thread with less understanding of JSON tried to ask and gain knowledge about. I am not a dev. I simply use of the shelve software (iRule) to try and run my little Kodi-based HT.
If I do come across a way for mere mortals to more easily make JSON strings from the non-filebased favorites I will certainly post it here.
thanx again
I did answer you 4 times already but you always answer the same thing. So you can't have the same problem as OP since you have a lot more information.

I did gave you the exact command needed ...
I did explained you that there's nothing special about favourites or stream ...

You never took time to test any of my post to understand by yourself, this is the main problem you are in the development forum, not the do thing for me.

Since you continue to say I did not help you when I did a lot, I'll do A + B for you so you can continue to ask here for someone else do things instead of trying to understand.

But first a little proverb :
"give a man a fish and you feed him for a day; teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime"

Now basic addition :

(2016-01-08, 12:10)Tolriq Wrote: The said thread is very clear and give the exact command you need.

Code:
//Play a single video from file
http://192.168.15.117/jsonrpc?request={"jsonrpc":"2.0","id":"1","method":"Player.Open","params":{"item":{"file":"Media/Big_Buck_Bunny_1080p.mov"}}}

So please take time to read things written instead of assuming they do not contain the answers you need.

+

(2015-12-20, 20:11)ukhawaja84 Wrote: i am trying to play a live stream form favorites. i get the data from favorites i got this output.

Array
(
[id] => 1
[jsonrpc] => 2.0
[result] => Array
(
[favourites] => Array
(
[2] => Array
(
[path] => plugin://plugin.video.ZemTV-shani/?url=cHYyOkdlbyBFbnRlcnRhaW5tZW50&mode=11&name=%5BCOLOR+FF11b500%5DGeo+entertainment+v2%5B%2FCOLOR%5D
[thumbnail] =>
[title] => [COLOR FF11b500]Geo entertainment v2[/COLOR]
[type] => media
)
)

=

Code:
http://192.168.15.117/jsonrpc?request={"jsonrpc":"2.0","id":"1","method":"Player.Open","params":{"item":{"file":"plugin://plugin.video.ZemTV-shani/?url=cHYyOkdlbyBFbnRlcnRhaW5tZW50&mode=11&name=%5BCOLOR+FF11b500%5DGeo+entertainment+v2%5B%2FCOLOR%5D"}}}

Was it hard to guess ? I don't think even for a non dev, was it hard to test ? Certainly not.

Was it hard to tell us what you did test ? Well I suppose it was.
Was it hard for your to tell us the error you had ? Well I suppose it was.

Negativity come after you keep repeating the same irrelevant answers Wink

Beware there's a trap in my answer, you need to do something with the request part, but you already answered that you master and understand that part Wink

Edit : And BTW I'm also the author of the Favourites.XXX functions Wink
Thanx tolriq, I will chug away at it and see if I can connect the dots.
If I do I will post some working examples here.

I have to say for us who are in a probably small-ish segment of being not coding pro nor passive end-user trying to understand just enough about JSON to custom-control some aspects of Kodi for home use. For us JSON really is a bit of a beast with all the ([({;[)[ stuff to close all those little code bits Wink Add to that the fragmentation of the various cultures and codes in various place on the net like this with all the unwritten rules. Hard to know how to behave everywhere you are not in familiar territory.

Ah well..
So if I come across as a spoilt teen or an idiot here, let me assure you I am neither Wink
be safe, be well
well that's just the thing, most of us are likely doing this as a hobby and these forums will always attract people of all different familiarities.

that said I do recall file.open one of the more confusing methods to work out. Settings being just as challenging.
what Ive been doing was writing a strong typed wrapper around each name space as I integrate it
having that helps allot.

that said don't poopoo the idea of sniffing network traffic when you have question.
Not only will you get specific examples but no doubt a few good ideas as well.

I use Tolriq's app as its top shelf, and does everything Id ever consider doing.
just wish I had time to finish it up
Thanx Axa 88, I hear you...Wink

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Play favorites using json0