Android Button Mapping Android Activity to Remote?
I'm using a Logitech Harmony One with my Nvidia Shield running Kodi. I am trying to get my remote working to my liking but I am running into some roadblocks and was hoping I could get some help.

I want to re-map some android apps to a specific remote button so they can be launched with the click of a button. I have red, green, blue, and yellow all set to launch specific apps. I added a keyboard.xml file (I also tried joystick.xml) but it does not seem to be recognizing it. This used to work on my Acer Revo but I can't get it to work on the Shield.

the file:
Code:
<keymap>

<!-- Global Button Actions - Used as Fall Through -->
  <global>
    <remote>
      <Blue>StartAndroidActivity("com.pandora.android.atv")</Blue>
      <Green>StartAndroidActivity("com.google.android.youtube.tv")</Green>
      <Yellow>StartAndroidActivity("com.plexapp.android")</Yellow>
      <Red>StartAndroidActivity("com.netflix.ninja")</Red>
          <A>StartAndroidActivity("com.alexvas.dvr.pro")</A>

<!-- Numeric Keys -->
      <zero>Number0</zero>
      <one>Number1</one>
      <two>JumpSMS2</two>
      <three>JumpSMS3</three>
      <four>JumpSMS4</four>
      <five>JumpSMS5</five>
      <six>JumpSMS6</six>
      <seven>JumpSMS7</seven>
      <eight>JumpSMS8</eight>
      <nine>JumpSMS9</nine>
    </remote>
  </global>
</keymap>
If you have a read of either of the two big Shield TV threads or a sticky on the Shield forum, you will find that not all commands are being sent/received by the Shield from a Harmony IR remote.
Logitech need to update something at their end apparently. You can assign Keyboard.xml to do as you like, but you will need to assign those buttons to a Shield command first, and as you only have a limited amount to draw from, it’s not going to happen.
There are a few options, cheapest two are, get a Flirc or get a MCE USB IR dongle. I currently have a IR Dongle for extra commands, with Flircs on the way for even more control, see my setup here - http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid2026987

I keep meaning to say when I see you on other posts, you have your Trakt profile in your signature, but you keep that private, seems odd to have a link to page for people to see nothing.
I forgot to mention that I am using the FLIRC so the Harmony's commands are being received as keyboard strokes. I think the issue I'm having is with remapping.the specific AndroidActivity functions. I do use the keymap editor but I couldn't find those specific commands for the remote, which is why I had to add them to the xml file.

I did have my trakt set to private, but I don't think that would matter since it appears that widgets are only available for supporters now (correct me if I'm wrong) so I just removed the sig.
Did you get anywhere with this?
Is the SMS style text input working?

As I was setting my Flircs up the other day I thought I figured out what was wrong, and started to type, but got distracted and never got back to it. Now I can't remember exactly what i though the fix was, something about assigning a keystroke to the colours first.
I've just been through all the keyboard related Wikis again and can't find what I think I am looking for.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Button Mapping Android Activity to Remote?0