Bug Kodi Stopped working (Old Bug).
So this bug was never fixed it seems.
Quote:To make it crash i started a TvShow episode then i opened Yatse app on my smartphone and navigated to the "Now Playing" screen (basically is the second screen when you swipe left from the app's main screen) and "dang" Kodi crashed.
It was discussed a lot back in this thread. And it ended up being fairly easy to reproduce.
I know i had this bug about a year ago the first time, thought it got fixed, since it's not as often it happens anymore but the bug is still there it seems.

Zip contains:
kodi.log
xbmc_crashlog-15.2 Git_20151019-02e7013-20151220-190231.dmp
xbmc_stacktrace-15.2 Git_20151019-02e7013-20151220-190231.txt
So no reply, but it seems i can bump this myself with another crashlog made the same way.

Zip contains:
xbmc_crashlog-15.2 Git_20151019-02e7013-20160205-130114.dmp
xbmc_stacktrace-15.2 Git_20151019-02e7013-20160205-130114.txt
kodi.log
I guess noone wants to download a zip file to read a log. I suggest using pastebin for that and provide links to it
But how do i add the *.dmp file to pastebin?
I don't mind posting it there, but since they have to download the *.dmp anyway i didn't think it would be that bad to download all 3 files in a zip from dropbox.
That was also how we made the crash rapports in the thread i mention in the first post where it was first reported a year ago.

trying to post it on pastebin i get this.
Quote:You have exceeded the maximum paste size of 512 kilobytes per paste. PRO users don't have this limit!
Where else could i put it?
Well i could only suggest to try Kodi v16 and see if it still happens. Nothing will be fixed for v15
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
(2016-02-05, 15:17)Martijn Wrote: Well i could only suggest to try Kodi v16 and see if it still happens. Nothing will be fixed for v15

Well since it's a bug back from december 2014 i doubt it will be fixed all of a sudden in Kodi v16.
The reason i post this was not to get it fixed in v15 but perhaps you could now find out where the bug is and fix it onward.
It's been there for so long, so if you find it now you properly know where to look for it in v16 also.
I can tell you old bugs can for sure be suddenly resolved due whatever reason.
A lot of cleanup has been going on and improving in a variety of areas. It's impossible for us to keep track if a bug might have been fixed. Each setup is different and what crashes for you might not happen for us.
(2016-02-05, 15:20)Martijn Wrote: i can tell you old bugs can for sure be suddenly resolved.

I hope this one is then, since it was never found even with all those crashlogs provided and many attempts back then.
But i upgrade and make another post if it happens again.
Thx Smile
You can also backup your settings (userdata) so you can get back to 15.2

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi Stopped working (Old Bug).1