How to find the process/script/addon creating specific .nfo files.
I'm tracking down an issue where I can't be sure how a few .nfo files are created.  In particular I want to know why some are created while others aren't.  For my setup I have Windows 10 x64, Kodi 18.6, Emby 4 Kodi, and TV Tunes.  Emby 4 Kodi provides me with all of my metadata including audio themes and video themes that play in the background of my media info page in place of fanart images.  TV tunes relies a .nfo file stored within the kodi userdata folder called tvtunes.nfo.  There is a TVTunes.nfo file nested inside of a folder whose name matches up with its movie counterpart for each media item that I have working video backdrops for.  This setup works fine for movies however, I'm not getting any tvtunes.nfo files for TV shows.

I have asked the developer of Emby 4 Kodi if that program creates a TV Tunes.nfo file, and they are certain it does not.  A Kodi forum member took over the development of TV Tunes recently so he isn't completely familiar with all of its code.  I have asked the TV Tunes developer if that program creates TV Tunes.nfo, and he says he doesn't know of any code inside of his program that would create such a file.  I'm relatively certain kodi itself doesn't create TV Tunes.nfo, and I haven't added any metadata providers outside of what ships with Kodi, and my skin, Aeon Nox Silvo.  

I am thinking in order to track down the program that creates these .nfo files I can possibly create a media stub that will be seen by Emby and Kodi as a new media item.  I'll use an existing file that I know has a video backdrop already available from Emby's scraper, and my thought is I will be able to view log data in kodi, and possibly TV Tunes and see what creates my TV Tunes.nfo file so that I can further investigate my issue.  I hope I have described the issue clearly, and I appreciate whatever help I can get, thanks.
See if this is the same issue... https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=353298
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2020-04-10, 03:17)Karellen Wrote: See if this is the same issue... https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=353298
I appreciate the lead but script.metadata.editor isn't installed.  The closet thing I see to the is the metadata artwork module.
I just re-read your post a bit slower... so the nfo files you are inquiring about are the tvtunes.nfo files? I am assuming that is correct as you keep referring to tvtunes.

You need to ask @latts9923 who is maintaining tv tunes. I cannot see how and why another program would create a tvtunes.nfo file.

If I am still misunderstanding, please spell it out in 15 words or less Wink
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2020-04-10, 04:40)Karellen Wrote: I just re-read your post a bit slower... so the nfo files you are inquiring about are the tvtunes.nfo files? I am assuming that is correct as you keep referring to tvtunes.

You need to ask @latts9923 who is maintaining tv tunes. I cannot see how and why another program would create a tvtunes.nfo file.

If I am still misunderstanding, please spell it out in 15 words or less Wink
No, that's correct.  I'm trying to find the addon that creates TVTunes.nfo files.  I have asked latts about a bigger issue, and this is just a small part of a larger issue.  I'm trying to find ways to investigate on my own as well.
And Latts still isn't quite sure that TV Tunes creates a TV Tunes.nfo file so even if I solve my larger problem it might help out to find a way to confirm which program creates TV Tunes.nfo.
Ok, provide a Debug Log. Ensure that debug mode is enabled in both Kodi and TVTunes, then see if you can capture the nfo creation issue.
My Signature
Is it normal for the time in my debug log to not match the actual time? Everything seems to always start around 11:56?
No that is not normal. The time is taken from the operating system, so maybe check your computer time is correct.
My Signature
The computer time is right and Kodi shows the correct time. Is there a cache I can clear
Restart Kodi and the log will be cleared and a new one created.
My Signature
Looking at service.tvtunes I don't see anything writing files.  There is some stuff in VideoParser that could potentially write files, but I don't see that any of the VideoParser stuff is actually being used.

scott s.

As suggested in other thread:
confirmed
Code:
ADDON: script.tvtunes v119.07.25 installed

scott s.
I don't think that earlier log is going to have any write entries for TV Tunes but this one MIGHT.  Here is a full log broken up into two parts.. Lines 1-4000 https://pastebin.com/Xt2kuHnR  4000+ https://pastebin.com/jSk1Yucy

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How to find the process/script/addon creating specific .nfo files.0