GUI genre editing similar to movie sets/tags
I don't know what would be required code-wise, but from a user standpoint, it would be nice to be able to edit genres in the same way tags and movie sets are done (via the node or via the "manage" menu on a specific library entry).

Another feature request made me think of this. The way movie sets and tags are edited in the GUI has turned out to be very practical. I used to think editing movie sets in the GUI wouldn't be that great, but it's been very useful to me. Maybe we could extend this to genres, which would allow yet another bit of metadata to be edited (tags, sets, title, sort title, art) without going into NFO files. Especially for those situations when a stray genre pops up from a movie or show, and you just need to nuke that, or some other quick change.
That would have my vote!
(2015-12-27, 09:19)Ned Scott Wrote: I don't know what would be required code-wise, but from a user standpoint, it would be nice to be able to edit genres in the same way tags and movie sets are done (via the node or via the "manage" menu on a specific library entry).

Another feature request made me think of this. The way movie sets and tags are edited in the GUI has turned out to be very practical. I used to think editing movie sets in the GUI wouldn't be that great, but it's been very useful to me. Maybe we could extend this to genres, which would allow yet another bit of metadata to be edited (tags, sets, title, sort title, art) without going into NFO files. Especially for those situations when a stray genre pops up from a movie or show, and you just need to nuke that, or some other quick change.

If I'm understanding you correctly Ned, then that is already possible via the context menu if you have Phil's Library Editor Script installed. I use it all the time for that very purpose of adding/deleting genres and also to change movie classifications, which I often find are wrong or missing for my location in the UK. Then it's just a case of re-exporting my video library every now and then, which overwrites the existing NFO data with the new changes I've made. Very useful tool indeed Smile

On this particular example, I added the genres 'Supernatural' and 'True Stories' very easily:-

Hope this helps, if that's what you were meaning Smile
Sure, but built in, like we do with tags and sets.

Personally, I think most of the stuff Phil makes as add-ons should be built-in and using the UI elements that he uses. Autocomplete keyboards, beautiful extended info screens that flow into other movies, recommendations, entering text with a virtual SMS pad, etc? Oh yes please.
Agreed, I think all of his add-ons are not only very practical tools for Kodi, but are also very well designed. Smile

And if we're talking extended info, I really wish there was an option on the movie titles that would allow you to add them to some kind of PVR Recording queue so that when those titles actually became available in your future active EPG, they would automatically record. Must admit, this was feature that I really used love in my MCE days......Yup, Yup, Yup, Oh yes please. Smile Now that really would be one very cool feature to have in a future Kodi release Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
GUI genre editing similar to movie sets/tags0