• 54(current)
[APPLE TV 4] pre-alpha builds CORE TESTING
What happened to the tvOS versions? The last one in http://mirrors.kodi.tv/test-builds/darwin/tvos/ is dated in February, there have been no more releases after that... did tvOS development stop?
Kodi v17 "Krypton" Beta 6 running on Amazon Fire TV (2014) with FLIRC receiver.
(2018-05-22, 12:24)x5nder Wrote: What happened to the tvOS versions? The last one in http://mirrors.kodi.tv/test-builds/darwin/tvos/ is dated in February, there have been no more releases after that... did tvOS development stop?
 Everything is working in that build besides passthrough which is an apple issue and not a Kodi issue so i don't believe there is a need for a new version yet unless there is some core changes or huge steps forward in an area that would have to be merged.

Memphiz worked really hard to squash the bugs even after he had stepped away from development and I like many others are extremely grateful!
is it possible to use the inputstreamadaptive, DASH MPEG2, with the kodi for Apple TV?

I would like to use some add ons that use it.
(2018-05-22, 19:04)kavy Wrote:  Everything is working in that build besides passthrough which is an apple issue and not a Kodi issue so i don't believe there is a need for a new version yet unless there is some core changes or huge steps forward in an area that would have to be merged.
Pass-through started working again with TVOS 11.4, at least in my Apple TV.
(2018-05-31, 15:42)willynanita Wrote: Pass-through started working again with TVOS 11.4, at least in my Apple TV.

Can you show us your settings in Kodi and in the Apple TV. Today I installed tvOS 11.4 at my Apple TV 4K, but audio passthrough doesn‘t work.

I still have the white noise or pcm.

Thanks and regards Hoppel
frontend: nvidia shield tv 2019 pro | apple tv 4k | sonos arc 5.1.2 | lg oled65c97la
backend: supermicro x11ssh-ctf | xeon | 64gb ecc | wd red | zfs raid-z2 | dd max s8

software: debian | proxmox | openmediavault | docker | kodi | emby | tvheadend | fhem | unifi
(2018-05-31, 15:42)willynanita Wrote:
(2018-05-22, 19:04)kavy Wrote:  Everything is working in that build besides passthrough which is an apple issue and not a Kodi issue so i don't believe there is a need for a new version yet unless there is some core changes or huge steps forward in an area that would have to be merged.
Pass-through started working again with TVOS 11.4, at least in my Apple TV.

The newest beta reverted to the old pass through system so yes pass through does work like previously and it is glorious.
(2018-06-02, 08:15)kavy Wrote: The newest beta reverted to the old pass through system so yes pass through does work like previously and it is glorious.

So, you are talking about tvOS 11.4.1 and not 11.4?
frontend: nvidia shield tv 2019 pro | apple tv 4k | sonos arc 5.1.2 | lg oled65c97la
backend: supermicro x11ssh-ctf | xeon | 64gb ecc | wd red | zfs raid-z2 | dd max s8

software: debian | proxmox | openmediavault | docker | kodi | emby | tvheadend | fhem | unifi
(2018-06-02, 08:34)hoppel118 Wrote:
(2018-06-02, 08:15)kavy Wrote: The newest beta reverted to the old pass through system so yes pass through does work like previously and it is glorious.

So, you are talking about tvOS 11.4.1 and not 11.4?

I can confirm pass through works on 11.4.1, cannot confirm if it does on 11.4 but “normally” Apple tvOS versions tend to not have working passthrough in betas (at least that has been the case since tvOS 10) and brings back the feature in release versions.

I did not try 11.4 as I just went straight to 11.4.1 but like mentioned previously pass through is working perfectly for me on that version as is airplay to my receiver in Kodi, crackle, Apple Music etc (which was broken in 11.3) so I am certain Apple just fixed the crap code they had been using for airplay2
OK, At the moment I use tvOS 11.4. Before I try the beta, I want to check my settings. It would be great, if you can have a look at my settings. Tried a lot of setting combinations. All with the same result. Audio passthrough doesn't work, nor for dolby digital, nor for dts. If audio passthrough for dts is enabled, I get the white noise sound while playing a movie with dts audio. If I disable it, I see pcm at my receiver. If I play a movie with dolby audio, I always see pcm, whatever I configure in kodi.

Thanks and regards Hoppel

Memphiz, if you step by here again some day, do you have any idea how a Skin could recognize that the native tvOS keyboard has been closed in Kodi?
I‘m referring to the problem Sualfred described here:

https://emby.media/community/index.php?/...ntry584343
Hoppel what receiver are you using? I have stereo upmix, AC3 and DTS enabled. Previous to 11.4 this would produce white noise and it no longer does. I have tried this on 3 seperate systems and none produce white noise so unless others chime in and say they are seeing the same results I am thinking it’s maybe an issue on your audio side or a setting that is missing.

Or another possibility is pass through isn’t working and just the white noise is gone and I’m outputting pcm but my receiver doesn’t report it as such, that is also a very possible situation.
(2018-06-03, 22:54)horstepipe Wrote: Memphiz, if you step by here again some day, do you have any idea how a Skin could recognize that the native tvOS keyboard has been closed in Kodi?
I‘m referring to the problem Sualfred described here:

https://emby.media/community/index.php?/...ntry584343

The native keyboard and the kodi skinned keyboard are the same from the perspective of Kodi. So whatever works for detecting the kodi skinned keyboard should also work for the native one. If not it is a bug (which is a generic one - not atv4 related)
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
Also i tried tvOS 11.4 and it did not fix pass through (still white noise on dts and ac3)
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
(2018-06-04, 09:29)kavy Wrote: Hoppel what receiver are you using? I have stereo upmix, AC3 and DTS enabled. Previous to 11.4 this would produce white noise and it no longer does. I have tried this on 3 seperate systems and none produce white noise so unless others chime in and say they are seeing the same results I am thinking it’s maybe an issue on your audio side or a setting that is missing.

Or another possibility is pass through isn’t working and just the white noise is gone and I’m outputting pcm but my receiver doesn’t report it as such, that is also a very possible situation.

I have a Yamaha RX-A1020. It’s not the newest one, but audio passthrough works fine with my nvidia shield androidTV and also with my Odroid C2. So I don’t think that the issue is related to my avr.

(2018-06-04, 14:48)Memphiz Wrote: Also i tried tvOS 11.4 and it did not fix pass through (still white noise on dts and ac3)

Thanks for acknowledging! Maybe it works with the tvOS 11.4.1 beta release how @kavy wrote.

Regards Hoppel

Ok I went back into the settings just to see what I could find.

I updated both a 4K and 4 Apple TV to 11.4.1 developer beta.

I used the same file for both devices and played one on a 7.1.2 atmos system and one on a 2.1 sound bar system.

With following settings:
Number of channels : 5.1
Output config : optimized
Stereo upmix : enabled
Resample : medium
Keep audio device alive : off (this shouldn’t matter)
Send low volume noise : disabled (this shouldn’t matter)

Allow passthrough : enabled
DD AC3 capable : enabled
DTS capable : enabled

With the above settings I get audio from both systems on 11.4.1. My receiver reports receiving 5.1 DD from the source material (which is its format) and my soundbars DD light is on.

I tried changing the channels to 7.1 or 2.1 and got no sound on both systems.

I don’t know what to take from this maybe more capable people can chime in.

Edit: just tried a DTS file and it also had sound with no white noise.
More edit: tried an AC3 file, ugly white noise.
  • 54(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[APPLE TV 4] pre-alpha builds CORE TESTING7