Channel 4 (All4) Catch TV Addon?
Hi All,

Does anyone know if an addon exists that allows playback of catchup tv for Channel 4 (UK)?

I found an addon for 4oD but it doesn't work (I'm assuming since Channel 4 changed the site to All4).
I have spent the morning seeing if I can work out the video urls from the All4 web pages so that I could check if Kodi can actually play the streams, but it isn't really my area of expertise so I haven't managed to uncover anything.
Correct, since they made the change the old add-on stopped working.

Due to the new DRM they are using there isn't an add-on in the official repo for All4.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
Is there a way to perhaps launch the windows app from inside Kodi at all?
What would be the point over just launching it separately?
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
(2016-01-07, 23:37)DarrenHill Wrote: What would be the point over just launching it separately?

Surely the point would be you don't have to launch it separately.
HTPCs: 2 x Chromecast with Google TV
Audio: Pioneer VSX-819HK & S-HS 100 5.1 Speakers
Server: HP Compaq Pro 6300, 4GB RAM, 8.75TB, Bodhi Linux 5.x, NFS, MySQL
Kodi wouldn't be able to communicate with it, only to start it. Something could probably be set up using one of the launcher add-ons, but it seems an odd thing to do, and rather a round-about method of doing it.

Kodi Blog Posts
(2016-01-08, 11:02)DarrenHill Wrote: Kodi wouldn't be able to communicate with it, only to start it. Something could probably be set up using one of the launcher add-ons, but it seems an odd thing to do, and rather a round-about method of doing it.

Not really, for the same reason I launch my Steam client from Kodi. I don't want to have to get up, go to my PC, pull out my keyboard and mouse, launch the client, go back to my sofa. Why? I can do it all with a remote without the hassle of having to pull everything out.

The same can be said with Windows apps. It's easy to control most apps with a remote, too, so there's little reason to go to the PC and control it, I wouldn't call it a 'round-about method', it's streamlining and ease of use.

EDIT: Just wanted to add, Kodi doesn't have to communicate with it. The same way my parents launch BBC iPlayer and Netflix from their Android boxes via Kodi... It's just a way of having all media and On-Demand options in one place.
(2016-01-08, 11:02)DarrenHill Wrote: Kodi wouldn't be able to communicate with it, only to start it. Something could probably be set up using one of the launcher add-ons, but it seems an odd thing to do, and rather a round-about method of doing it.

Not everyone is using Kodi on Windows either.
I know, I'm one who isn't.

Kodi Blog Posts

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Channel 4 (All4) Catch TV Addon?0