Record same channel twice?
I know this sounds strange, but I was wondering if there was a way of changing the start/stop recording options.

As an example: on channel 11, we have the Simpsons and then Futurama. My settings are for 15mins padding before, 30mins after. When I record these things one after the other, generally the times wont be exactly correct, so the Simpsons will get cut off at the end, and that will be put across to the start of Fututama. In WMC I just went to the next file and started playing it until I got to the end of my show, however, because in Kodi the shows are sorted into folders (which for the most part I like), that becomes a real pain in the butt!

So I was thinking, because mythTV supports multiple recordings on the one tuner anyhow, is there a way to get Futurama to start recording like there is nothing before it, and have the Simpsons record like there is nothing after it? So basically it would be double recorded, but I could just delete the recording once I watch it and know that I'm not getting rid of the start of another show. Also means I can go through and watch all my Simpsons first, then Futurama.

Thanks,
Michael
Because they are the same channel, no this is not possible presently.
It is possible if you have enough tuners.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
I will soon, plus mythtv can record multiple channels on the one frequency with the one tuner. So howHuh
Multiple channels per frequency i believe is for DVB recordings.

from the wiki:
This is a feature, referred to commonly as MultiRec and included with MythTV 0.21, which enables more than one channel to be recorded per tuner as long as the channels being recorded are being transmitted on the same DVB digital multiplex. It does not apply to analog tuners, and whether it applies to QAM digital cable depends somewhat on your carrier and your hardware.

Cheers!
Yep, already tried it and it works well! Just can't work out how to get recordings on the same channel to overlap.
OK, using mythweb seems to automatically do what I want it to. Works well.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Record same channel twice?0