keep getting error 2 share not available when i select it
i went with using the dropbox plugin and plexbmc for now

is it just me??

im patiently waiting for kodi to get more stable
but glad its getting support Smile
TV - 70" LG UM6970PUA  
AVR - Denon x2400h 5.2.2 Surround
Devices - Apple TV 4K, nVIDIA Shield TV Pro
Server - unRAID Pro, v6.9 | Asus TUF Gaming x570-Plus (Wifi) | AMD Ryzen 9 3950x | 64GB G.SKILL | 12TB Dual Parity + 92TB Storage
Remote - Logitech Harmony Smart Hub & Control
And did you verify with one of the mainline builds for other platforms? (because it works on mine and might simply be a thing with your sort of samba server...)
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
Samba it works for me with Time Capsule,Qnap Server and ATV4 with Kodi.I have problems with Nfs from Qnap and ATV4 with Codi.MrMC nfs is ok with ATV4
(2016-01-04, 20:31)Memphiz Wrote: And did you verify with one of the mainline builds for other platforms? (because it works on mine and might simply be a thing with your sort of samba server...)

same thing happened with on my mac
but i got it to work by manually adding network location via ip and the smb protocol

also i can connect to my server via finder on my mac with no problem
its only through kodi where i get the error

so yea still dont have a clue why im getting the error through Windows Network (SMB) option

EDIT:

i transferred an existing sources.xml from another box and it also picks up the shares.
TV - 70" LG UM6970PUA  
Server - unRAID Pro, v6.9 | Asus TUF Gaming x570-Plus (Wifi) | AMD Ryzen 9 3950x | 64GB G.SKILL | 12TB Dual Parity + 92TB Storage
(2016-01-04, 20:37)lesarros Wrote: Samba it works for me with Time Capsule,Qnap Server and ATV4 with Kodi.I have problems with Nfs from Qnap and ATV4 with Codi.MrMC nfs is ok with ATV4

thanks for your input. it seems to be on my end somehow. never had that problem before though.
TV - 70" LG UM6970PUA  
(2016-01-05, 01:23)Furby8704 Wrote:
(2016-01-04, 20:37)lesarros Wrote: Samba it works for me with Time Capsule,Qnap Server and ATV4 with Kodi.I have problems with Nfs from Qnap and ATV4 with Codi.MrMC nfs is ok with ATV4

thanks for your input. it seems to be on my end somehow. never had that problem before though.

Are you try to install SMBup at your mac?Solved all the problems with smb (samba) between mac and media players.It works with mac and atv4/kodi-MrMc etc!
(2016-01-05, 01:29)lesarros Wrote: Are you try to install SMBup at your mac?Solved all the problems with smb (samba) between mac and media players.It works with mac and atv4/kodi-MrMc etc!

no. i havent touched any settings in a long time.
everything worked fine up until now haha

but i just transferred over an existing sources file and my shares are accessible that way
still cant add them through the menu though
TV - 70" LG UM6970PUA  
Your movie/tv shows files are in a mac or in a nas server?
If they are in your mac is a must to install SMBup a free utility: http://eduo.info/apps/smbup
(2016-01-05, 01:51)lesarros Wrote: Your movie/tv shows files are in a mac or in a nas server?
If they are in your mac is a must to install SMBup a free utility: http://eduo.info/apps/smbup

they are on my unraid nas server
TV - 70" LG UM6970PUA  
How to install addons via zip file using this method?
Can we install some kind of dropbox addon and install from there?
(2016-01-05, 20:42)coolguy82 Wrote: How to install addons via zip file using this method?
Can we install some kind of dropbox addon and install from there?

theres an addon on kodi repo that lets you link up your dropbox account
TV - 70" LG UM6970PUA  
so i installed kodi 15.2 on my mac and was able to browse the workgroup using the protocol
the only system that doesnt come up though is my nas. havent tried rebooting the nas yet.
but good to know that i can browse with the stable version but not the atv4/osx alpha

EDIT:

made my nas the master broswer. reboot. and i can browse now on my atv/mac
not sure why i didnt have to this now up until this point
TV - 70" LG UM6970PUA  

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Apple TV 4] Samba not working1