v15 DTS5.1 from QNAP NAS via HDMI to AVR not working
Cannot get DTS 5.1 to work over HDMI and hoping for help.

My setup is range of DVD Audio, SACD, DTS and DD files on QNAP TS451 NAS via HDMI to Pioneer SC-79 AVR. Using KODI 15.2.1 on the NAS (the latest avail for download from QNAP), with the latest QNAP QTS build.

Over Kodi Video the DVD-Audio selections will play DTS and DD files fine in 2.0, 5.1, 6.1 and DTS HD Master at the correct bit rates, but over Kodi Audio no luck on playing DTS 5.1 files properly. They just play as Stereo 2.0.

However, If I start new DTS 5.1 song track in Kodi Audio, go to System-System-Audio and choose reset defaults, then select passthrough and then manually set all the DD and DTS selects I can get the DTS files to play as DD on my amp in 5.1. Must use the AC3 select to get this however. But no DTS is possible at all.

I have varied all the other settings on the Audio screen to see if any combinations make a difference and no luck. I have chosen the PulseAudio vs my Pioneer select and no difference. I have deleted and reloaded Kodi and same, no luck.

Any ideas?
Information 
I have the same Problem with Kodi 16.0.0 @ QNAP TS-453A (4GB) with QTS 4.2.1.

Normally dolby, dts, dolby hd, dts hd passtrough can be enabled in the audio settings of kodi, but not at QNAP.

Waiting for updates and help!
Unfortunately Team Kodi does not officially support Kodi on QNAP NAS, so I guess you have to report at QNAP instead.
on Qnap TS 212 it works fine btw.... did ya set play trough hdmi?
i wonder if this has to do with qnap though
- RaspBerry V3 - Kodi 16.7 - Aeon Nox Silvo - MQ7 mod
- Pioneer VSX-922 - Tannoy Mercury V4/V1/VC/TS-8
The Qnap TS-212 has no built-in HDMI port. My QNAP is directly connected to my Samsung Smart TV trough HDMI.
@nobody:

Have you check if the settings level at Kodi is set to 'expert'? IIRC if it isn't those options aren't visible. Also those options will only be visible if you "enable passthrough" in the audio settings. Probably get us a screenshot from your audio settings. This might tell most. If you don't know how to get the screenshot, take a smartphone or something else Wink
Thumbs Up 
(2016-05-02, 12:17)David1977 Wrote: @nobody:

Have you check if the settings level at Kodi is set to 'expert'? IIRC if it isn't those options aren't visible. Also those options will only be visible if you "enable passthrough" in the audio settings. Probably get us a screenshot from your audio settings. This might tell most. If you don't know how to get the screenshot, take a smartphone or something else Wink

Thank you very much! That's it, I have turned the settings level to expert and all PASSTHROUGH settings to active, now I have Dolby and DTS HD at my audio receiver. Yeeeeeeaaaaahhhh!
Glad it's something that simple. Wink

Have fun Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
DTS5.1 from QNAP NAS via HDMI to AVR not working0