Exception caught on main loop exiting
Ive been using XBMC and KODI for a while now and LOVE it. Recently I started experiencing a crash which is happening often.
After the system crashes I get a pop up that states the following " Exception caught on main loop exiting". Im using windows 7 and
Kodi Jarvis nightly (Jan 5, 2016). I have done a google search on this and found that it seems to be a problem with Windows 10 and Nvidia graphic drivers. As I stated above im using Windows 7 and have a Intel graphics card. Here is my debugging log http://xbmclogs.com/pcffagjnz. Any help would be appreciated. I would also like to say thanks to all the developers and others who help us with these issues you guys do a great job.
Your debug_log (wiki) is broken. Interested in where this goes as I have had it across both Win 7 and 10, but only using Alpha builds.
Media_Center_Master (wiki) || First_time_user (wiki) || Kodi Store || T-shirts: Villian, Protest, Graffiti, Emoji, Black on Black, K-18L
Thank you Levi.baker88 for your quick response. I have heard that the stable versions (15.2 )is also having this issue. I am going to downgrade to 15.2 stable and see what kind of results I get.
I am using Jarvis Beta3 and Beta4. I have Intel, Nvidia and AMD graphic cards.

Determined that the latest video drivers were causing the issue. I reverted all video drivers back (drivers that were released around October 2015).

Every once in a while I get Kodi crashes 'Kodi has stopped working.', but not very often.... and I never get 'Exception caught on main loop exiting' error.
Thank you clarkes71 I will try rolling back my graphic card drivers to a date that you mentioned
Hi, I have the same issue, but only on live TV PVR. I use DVBLink server.On all recorded TV shows and saved videos it works well.
It only hapens on last Jarvis Beta3 and Beta4, on version 15.2 was the live view stable.
I tried more version drivers on my Intel HD4000, no success.
I think is some bug on new Jarvis beta.
Getting same issue

Using jarvis RC.. and it randomly crashes with this error.

Any solution?
The new RC3 should repaire this bug like is described, but the bug is remaining. For me can be the reason is bad recognise the live stream parameters, on debug view it start switch between 25 and 50Hz. Can anybody test this behaviour too?
I aso have this crash message.
After upgrade from 15.2 to 16.0, playback of Video files acting strange.

First playback of Video files is always ok. Second playback gives lots of flickerering during playback. Third and forth playback even more flickering. Fifth playback crashed KODI with "ERROR: CD3DTexture::Create - failed to create texture." in log file.

http://goo.gl/Bi1amh

Several Video files & even Video Streaming from Video addons are affected. Changing Settings does not fix it. Changing Video Card Driver does not fix it.

Windows 10, Dell XPS M1330 Laptop, Intel GMA965 Video Driver (WDMA 1.1 / DirectX9).

Maybe texture buffer not released in proper way after playback on some drivers ?
Intel GMA965 has no official driver for windows 10.
Yes it does, from Microsoft WHQL. Laptop was updated from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10 via Microsoft update assistant.
Kodi 15.2 is running fine on this laptop with Windows 7, 8, 8.1 and 10.

Is there a Jarvis DirectX9 build available or some advanced setting ?
Jarvis DirectX9 is not available.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Exception caught on main loop exiting0