Netflix Hegemonic Expansion - Threat or Opportunity
(2016-01-25, 15:25)Talguy Wrote: @NedScott, Yahoo released something like what you described a while ago. I use it on my phone all the time http://www.androidpolice.com/2015/12/10/...ther-ones/
Something like this for kodi would be great
(2016-01-08, 02:48)Ned Scott Wrote: Imagine Kodi indexing all of the shows from all of the services you have (Netflix, Hulu, etc), and then you use the Kodi UI to browse everything. When you find a show or movie you want to watch, Kodi launches the native Android app and goes directly to that video. vs having to wade through each individual app to figure out what shows/movies are available.
Exactly what I'm hoping for. I bought an Nvidia Shield TV. Even if Kodi didn't manage libraries so much as enabled me to watch and select shows via the Kodi interface (like Netflixmbc) I'd be thrilled.

(2016-01-09, 11:57)da-anda Wrote: I use both - streaming services mostly for tv-shows and Kodi for my local library, so I don't see how these couldn't coexist. And I usually prefer the much better quality of my local library vs the reduced bitrate streaming stuff. And as broadband is still not available everywhere in a good enough quality to f.e. allow multiple 1080p streams in a house hold, offline content/media is still the way to go
This.

(2016-01-10, 00:35)DarkHelmet Wrote: I grew up with tapes, vinyl, cds, vhs, dvds and later began transferring these on my harddrives and NAS. Perfect for media consumption with kodi. But even I'm beginning to see the advantages of online content, cloud solutions and such as these services are getting better and better and are affordable.
Likewise, I've been in audio for some time and am presently in the process of ripping my 200+ audio CD collection to FLAC on my NAS. The problem is that I think this whole "internet solves everything via the cloud" mindset is another bubble, just like 'thin clients' that never took off and TomTom/Magellan/Garmin are still in use and locally installed software running on a PC (inclusive of Mac) has never been done away with and is not likely to disappear anytime soon. No matter reliable the internet gets, there will always be times and places where signal/data isn't available.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Netflix Hegemonic Expansion - Threat or Opportunity0