Double Additions to Database
II recently changed out one of my HTPC to Windows 10. This particular machine is the one I use to scan for new media and put it into the database that resides on my server.

When i first set it up, I used the host name instead of the IP by mistake. smb://TD2/...... vs smb://192.168.1.112.... I realize i probably typed the smb starting part wrong, going off memory.

Anyhow, when i realized it, I changed it to how i wanted it.

The problem is now that I've fixed it, whenever it scans a new movie, it adds it to the database with both paths and it shows up twice. If I go into the the database and delete the one with the host name, it leaves it alone mostly. The episodes occasionally rescan the entire library and it all shows up again there with both.

I've searched the sources.xml file and there isn't anything there. i'm at a dead end.

Anyone know how to fix this short of deleting kodi from the machine and starting over?
Have you tried running the video database cleanup?

Bill
It (the unwanted source) doesn't need to be in sources.xml to be in the database - but you can't remove it from the database (via the gui) until it's back in sources.xml.
Add the original source again (ie using host name).
If you right click / hit c (or however you get the context menu up) on the unwanted source you should see 'change content' rather than 'set content' come up in the options.
Change content to 'none', clean library, remove the source.

... will probably work.
Mrfattbill,
I don't understand how that would help? Its an external mysql database and I've purged it of the wrong path. What would running a cleanup do?

trogggy,
I'll try that in a bit and see if it helps. When I fixed my mistake, I just changed the path, not remove it like that.
I've had this happen before. Easy fix for me was to:

1. Export the library as individual files
2. Drop the MySQL video database
3. Rescan the library

The rescan should be very quick as it will scan the local xml's rather than rescrape the metadata.
jdiesel,
thank you for the idea. I don't think this matches up with my issue.

I have a server running mysql and I have bout 8 kodi clients. They all talk to it fine and use it fine.

The only problem is when the one computer I mentioned above scans for changes. It is the one computer that is responsible for updating the database. the other just read the database. As said above, when it scans for new files and it sees a new file it adds it to the database twice. I do not have an issue with how to purge the database of the double files. I go in and manually do that just fine. Its just annoying.

The fix I'm looking for is how to make the one computer that scans, keep from doing it twice. Hoping Troggy's solution works when i try it.
Looks like trogggy's plan was the ticket. I'll have to add a few more movies to make sure, but it seems to be working. Thanks a bunch.
Remember that you only set content on one front end when using MySQL. You can also skip adding sources to the other front ends if you don't need them.
I really have no idea what I am talking about. Proceed with caution. I confuse easily. And drink. A lot.
that is how i've set it up. Been doing this for about 5 years know and have some pretty advanced setup. I upgraded that one machine to windows 10 and just couldn't figure out why it kept double adding stuff.
(2016-01-09, 04:45)Redwingsfansfc Wrote: Remember that you only set content on one front end when using MySQL. You can also skip adding sources to the other front ends if you don't need them.

Question: does this (content only from 1 node) have any issues? as long as the sources.xml are same, rescanning should not cause a problem right?
I was switching from SMB to NFS, as it was faster on some clients while testing.
Now it seems, that the amount of title, album etc. are no longer the same. (with SMB I had about 4800 album) With NFS its about 300 less.
DB was deleted before switching to NFS.
So DB is new...
Will Music DB be faster with v16?
My Equipment:
HTPC (i7-8700K 3.7 GHz, 32 GB RAM, 256 GB SSD) Windows 10 with Kodi 18.6 & Central SQL DB (Maria DB)
AVR Emotiva RMC-1 & AMP Emotiva XPA9-Gen3, TV LG OLED 65 E6, BD oppo UDP-203, Speaker Revel Performa3 F208 / F206 / C208 / Nubert WS-14 for Atmos/DTS.x)
NAS Synology DS1817+ / DX-517/DX513 (4x8 TB RAID5 + 2 x 5x6TB in RAID5)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Double Additions to Database0