Flash drive and Nexus 7
I'm new to Kodi. I initially want to use it to play music. I have a Nexus 7 2013 running Android version 6. My music is in FLAC files on a SanDisk cruzer drive. Whereas I can see the drive by means of ES Explorer, l can't seem to find it in kodi. Must be simple but........
I'm not sure by default that Android on the N7 allows USB access. Hence why add-ons like Nexus Media Importer exist.

I would suspect that ES Explorer is using some similar techniques to access the files there perhaps, which Kodi doesn't have access to.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
Thanks Darren, I've installed the media importer, given it permission to access the drive, and it will but can't see it in kodi
I'm not sure if NMI can allow an external app to have access directly. I just recall it being required in the past to access USB media at all via an OTG cable (I used to have an N7 2012, but it died a sad death a few months back before I really started using Kodi).

My meaning was that you may be encountering a limitation of Android on the N7 which NMI (and seemingly ES Explorer now) have code to work around, but Kodi doesn't.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
Have you tried to root your tablet and use stickmount?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Flash drive and Nexus 70