Installing 2 instances of Kodi
Hi, I am wondering if anyone knows of how to install 2 separate instances of Kodi? I am running Kodi 15.2 on an Android MX box all is well however i am looking to run Kodi 16.0 Beta so i can test various builds. Does anyone know how this can be done?

Many Thanks
Not currently. Sometimes you can use SPMC (wiki) as your "other Kodi" install, as it is basically the same app, but with a different app ID.

The idea of offering snapshots and betas under a different app ID has been floating around, and I think it's just waiting on some minor adjustments to build scripts or something like that? Maybe?
Thanks for your reply. I think this would be a really good move for the developers to use a different App ID Especially when it comes to phasing out the older versions of Kodi. There is nothing worse than having a great build then not being able to revert back if something goes wrong. For me i install a lot of instances and being able to test on the same system would be a huge benefit to me.
uhmm..i think you can upgrade or downgrade using the same method of dropping .tar file into update folder....if that's okay as a workaround.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Installing 2 instances of Kodi0