Video problems during live TV
I find that if I turn things off for 49 hours then they work. 48 hours is just not quite long enough.

Wink
haha my kind of humour ever thought about a career change to work for MS support?
(2016-02-22, 16:43)Derek Wrote:
(2016-02-22, 15:32)JesusOnEez Wrote: I'm just mentioning that I'm having the same/similar problem.

I'm using a Lenovo Q190 as my HTPC and that also uses Intel HD graphics. I've yet to upgrade the driver manually.

Just out of interest, have you recently upgraded your machine to Windows 10? Unfortunately, I upgraded to Windows 10 and Kodi 16 RC1 on the same day, so can't say what's caused the tearing problem.

I get video tearing/ghosting with anything broadcast live (or recorded) in HD (I use NextPVR) and also any of my 1080p home videos (raw AVi of some sort). Anything in SD or in an MKV wrapper works fine.

Windows 8.1 and 15.2 it was all good.

Still, I've not logged a bug report as yet as there are obvious things I can try first (like the driver update), and rolling back to Windows 8.1.

Probably a combination of windows 10 and video drivers, if you can revert back to 7 thats the easy road if you want to persevere use portable installs till you track the problem(s) down. Win10 works well when you get it configured like a champ but getting there is a feat in itself!

You post on the win10 help forum and get stupid answers like switch off your pc for 48hrs then switch back on and itll work like a dream yeah right maybe in a fk1n dream Smile

I have now reverted to WIndows 7 and the video problems do seem to have disappeared. I am not saying this with certainty, because Kodi freezes often, making it impossible to use it for normal TV watching. I have opened a new thread about this.

I have not yet been able to get Argus TV running, so I cannot report on that yet.

Bart
Kodi 20.2 runs on a Celeron N5095 with 8 GB memory, Windows 11 Pro 22H2.

DVBviewer 7.2.4.0 with DMS 3.2.4.0 | Digital Devices Cine S2 V7 dual DVB-S2 tuner with CI
Windows 10 Pro x64 with all updates | Core i3 CPU, 16 GB memory
I too am about to embark on the PVR road just to try it, but its an old sat card compro 350 so it'll hit or miss Next seems to support it.
I am now testing (on Windows 7) with the MediaPortal TV server back end.

It seems like there is less pixelation than with DVBlink, but it is hard to say. I am also trying to get ARgus TV running but until now without succes.

I will keep you informed.

Bart

DVBviewer 7.2.4.0 with DMS 3.2.4.0 | Digital Devices Cine S2 V7 dual DVB-S2 tuner with CI
have you used this next backend?
No, and I was not aware of its existence. Can you give me a link?

http://kodi.wiki/view/NextPVR - google will take you directly to their site first on the list.
Thanks. I will have a look and report here.

Thanks bud
NextPVR seems not to support my hardware. I have posted on the forum and I am awaiting an answer.

In the meantime, I have watched, with Kodi, a few recordings made with DVBlink. No pixelation whatsoever. The recordings are OK.

So I have the pixelation problem ONLY with live TV, and it is not limited to a single software package. This is weird.

Bart

I have NPVR working great using their client but it wont connect via Kodi, guess ill try another backend.
In my case I get an error about a device that cannot start, at the moment I try to start a scan. So no clients at the horizon, yet.

I did not post here for a while. Thanks to the contributors who did reply, but the case is still inconclusive.

I am running Argus now. The video quality is remarkably better then DVBlink. Pixelation is far less than with DVBlink.

Unfortunately, Argus (or Kodi) sometimes stall, and tuning is (very) slow. And there is a deafening silence on the Argus forum.

If something new comes up, I will report here.

Bart

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Video problems during live TV0