• 8(current)
Starting development on NZB support for XBMC
*bump*

update?
AS this looks dead is there any python coders who would like to try to get this going? It sounds like such a great idea not just for videos but for content to be downloaded. Also maybe even updates as it is so fast (usenet)
believe it or not, there was a guy who started porting a python script for this, but he seems to have *poof* vanished also...
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Thats too bad this would have been awsome.
...I am not giving up hope yet. Are there any python scripters out there interesed in this (the front-end script part that is)?
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
I think there actually already exist a couple front end scripts for this that can be modified to use nzb natively instead of downloading to a pc. I think sabNZBD is one them.
nate12o6 Wrote:I think there actually already exist a couple front end scripts for this that can be modified to use nzb natively instead of downloading to a pc. I think sabNZBD is one them.

Chunk1970 was working on this awhile back, he needs some folks to help test the beta version. Dont let the Torrent name confuse you! I tried to get it to work on my xbox but it would list the files fine but when i went to add them to Sabnzbd it just froze up. Lets all try to help him with testing it. The script is available on XBMC Scripts i think.

SabController: Sabnzbd Controller. - Download the Torrent-X v1.15 for Initial Sabnzbd support (Still Testing)
Smile 
mr.b Wrote:Let me preface by saying that I'm not trying to take anything away from the coolness of this project, but I think there's a very easy way to get almost the same thing.

With an easynews account and their auto-unrar files readily available, one would simply have to generate the appropriate .strm files for each of the videos. I have this on my todo list as something fun to do -- I was planning on cleaning up the filenames by matching up the auto-unrar vids with the appropriate newzbin report. Has anyone already done this?

Caveats for easynews are that they've only got about 35 days retention (guesstimate -- I don't remember exact).

--Nick

Nick, I just starting reading this thread and all I could think of was easynews auto unrar. I think it would also be a lot easier to do. However, I think there is value in this as well as it is not tied to a specific provider.

I'm thinking that I python script that logged in and searched easynews groups for whatever term you wanted + "unrar" and gave out the result set would be great.

What do you guys think?

-Ed
I'd be happy with anything which allowed me to download/stream/download and play nzbs onto my xbox.. even if it was through the computer.
Ed,

The NaviX script can do it right now -- its just a matter of creating an RSS feed from easynews, and modifying the links so that they contain your authentication information. I've moved on in my quest as I didn't want to be dependent on easynews and I liked the idea of more retention. I posted about what I've been playing around with here:

http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=142...stcount=10

--Nick

bortoni Wrote:Nick, I just starting reading this thread and all I could think of was easynews auto unrar. I think it would also be a lot easier to do. However, I think there is value in this as well as it is not tied to a specific provider.

I'm thinking that I python script that logged in and searched easynews groups for whatever term you wanted + "unrar" and gave out the result set would be great.

What do you guys think?

-Ed
So this s not dead? Or semi dead but looking for a new dev team?

This would open XBMC wide open as a media center if it could stream nzb's.

Can you explaine the navi-x idea more please as if t can do it id use it now....
The source was never released, so a new dev team will be forced to start from scratch.

Couldn't VLC's streaming options and NZBPlayer be used to make this happen?

Huh
paulmd Wrote:Couldn't VLC's streaming options and NZBPlayer be used to make this happen?

Huh

yes it could but the purpose of this is to make it pc independent.
flamez Wrote:Chunk1970 was working on this awhile back, he needs some folks to help test the beta version. Dont let the Torrent name confuse you! I tried to get it to work on my xbox but it would list the files fine but when i went to add them to Sabnzbd it just froze up. Lets all try to help him with testing it. The script is available on XBMC Scripts i think.

SabController: Sabnzbd Controller. - Download the Torrent-X v1.15 for Initial Sabnzbd support (Still Testing)

A bit unrelated, but...
I have released a new version of this yesterday. A download link is in my sig. I would like to hear from people who use Sabnzbd as their newsgroup downloader. I have written a small python script that sorts .nzb files and have done some testing today streaming the file while its still downloading. What id like is someone who has a good working knowledge of Sab so we can get this implemented. Ok its not intergrated into XBMC like optips would have been but its an option..

PM me if anyone is interested in helping out on this subject..
Server: FreeNas 9 NAS: 6*3TB - Kodi Sql Database
Kodi Systems: Nvidia Shield Pro, G-Box Q (OpenElec), RikoMagic MK802 IV[
Skin: reFocus
  • 8(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Starting development on NZB support for XBMC1