How to upgrading Kodi?
Question 
Hello Team,

I newbie is this world, so sorry for this probably stupid question.

I bought a Smart Android 5.1 TV Box 64bits Octa Core Cortex A53 with RK3368
Ref link : https://www.amazon.fr/dp/B017CMV13I/ref=...ywb74XGQ8R

In this Box, Kodi 15.2 RC1 (compiled in September 2015) was installed by VicTsing
I don't know how this application was installed, however the version appear to be old.

My questions are:
- How can upgrade Kodi version to the 15.2 final version ?
- What is the best version of Kodi to use ?
- I see that an optimised Kodi version was created to be fully compatible with RK3368 what is your point of view about that?

Thanks again for your future answers.
Regards,
Florian
Normally, the update can be done via Google Play Store automatically. If the playstore is not present on your system, you may need to download the android APK from here:

http://kodi.tv/download/

Now you need to copy it to your box, possible with an USB stick, and install the APK on your box. You may be need to enable an option in the TV Box settings, enabling the installation of 3rd party applications which not comes from the playstore. Thats it.
Kodi 15.2 @ Android TV (Nvidia Shield)
PVR Backend: DVBLink/ DVBLogic with DigitalDevices 2xDVB-S & 2xDVB-C,CI DeltaCamTwin @ UM02 & HD02
Media Backend: EMBY
Thanks for your prompt answer.

I have Google Play Store already on this box, however, no update is proposed.
On Google Play Store the version is 15.2 final and on my box I stay on RC1 Sad
Likely problem is you don't have the official Kodi version installed. So you need to backup your userdata, delete current install, download official one and put back you userdata
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
Do you have any How to to perform this action ?
There are addons in the kodi repro to save your configuration. Search for "backup" and you will find one.
Kodi 15.2 @ Android TV (Nvidia Shield)
PVR Backend: DVBLink/ DVBLogic with DigitalDevices 2xDVB-S & 2xDVB-C,CI DeltaCamTwin @ UM02 & HD02
Media Backend: EMBY
I'm just wondering what you ended up doing. Which Kodi did you install? How is it working?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How to upgrading Kodi?0