How to transfer settings through Xcode
I am planning on purchasing another Apple TV 4 for my place and I am wondering how I am able to transfer my "settings" from one to another. I almost didn't modify anything, besides the Add on Shortcuts, I am still curious.
I know I would download the container through Xcode, but which files need to be replaced?

Thanks for the help!
The settings reside in the application container at AppData/Library/Caches/home/userdata/addon_data folder. You could also use the Kodi file manager to transfer the files as well.
Kodi 17, Transparency Skin
PogoPlug v4 running Arm Linux 4.4.63 as MySQL (mariadb) server.
Mac OS 10.12.5
2015 27" iMac 3.3 GHz Quad, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
2015 13" Macbook Pro, 8GB RAM, 256GB SSD
AppleTV 4 TV OS 10
To make a one-to-one copy you would download the container from the Apple TV and replace the container on the new one after installing

See this article for more information
Install Kodi on iOS without a jailbreak: iOS App Signer — donations are gratefully accepted
@winestock
that does not copy the settings for if I added Add-on Shortcuts for example

@DanTheMan
Yes, I thought about replacing the containers from one Apple TV to another. Now, the issue I thought would come up is that I used different bundle identifiers and within the container's cache folder is a folder that has the organization identifier's name in it. And I don't know if that would cause any issues. So, what I am asking is, can I the full container from Apple TV 1 to Apple TV 2 when there is a different bundle identifier?
(2016-01-18, 07:01)Chinese1904 Wrote: @winestock
that does not copy the settings for if I added Add-on Shortcuts for example

@DanTheMan
Yes, I thought about replacing the containers from one Apple TV to another. Now, the issue I thought would come up is that I used different bundle identifiers and within the container's cache folder is a folder that has the organization identifier's name in it. And I don't know if that would cause any issues. So, what I am asking is, can I the full container from Apple TV 1 to Apple TV 2 when there is a different bundle identifier?

I'm pretty sure that the cache folder you're referring to can be safely deleted

Even if you didn't delete it I don't believe it would cause any problems, you'd just have an extra cache folder...
Install Kodi on iOS without a jailbreak: iOS App Signer — donations are gratefully accepted

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How to transfer settings through Xcode0