Req Remote User Libraries
Hi folks,

I'm not sure if this has been asked before but I can't find it if it has..

Would it be possible to host the user libraries remotely in something like Dropbox so that all your progress/watched programs etc. would be available on all your Kodi devices?

I was thinking that when you launch Kodi it would ask you to select which user you wanted to log in with (only if you have multiple users and have specified to host it remotely) and when Kodi launches it loads all your favourites/progress etc. regardless of what device you are trying to play it on.

I have three FireTV devices and an iPad all running Kodi and I'm constantly switching between each and never remembering where I finished up and trying to seek to where I left off. With this it would always be available on all the devices.

Perhaps this would not be possible but I think it might be a nice feature to have.

Cheers,
mcquaim
You can already do this at least in part with MySQL (wiki), and also with solutions like Emby and add-ons/databases like Trakt.tv.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
Thanks Darren!

I used to have the MySQL option set up on my Synology NAS and it worked great with the local network devices!

However, with the iPad this is not an option if I use it remotely! If we had an option in the Profile section to host it remotely then it would be available anywhere!

I must look up those addons to see how they work!

Thanks again!
I've tried out Emby and Trakt.tv but neither are really viable options for what I was thinking/hoping!

The MySQL option is basically what I'd like but rather than having it running on a server somewhere if the user libraries were hosted remotely on Dropbox etc. Then all you'd have to do would have their retrieval on Kodi launch to give you the current versions!

Obviously limitations like only allowing a logon to be active on one device at a time to avoid write errors etc. would need to be thought of..

Would it be possible?
There's also this, which is the only other thing similar I've seen. I'm not sure Dropbox would be viable with the connection requirements, but others may have more input.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
Hosting your libary in the cloud would be a very cool feature. Has anyone ever tried it with a sqlite database?

Trakt syncing works fine for me with watched tags, but music support is lacking.
With Trakt you don't get favourites you add on one device automatically added to another! If they were hosted remotely then you'd have this feature plus progress etc. mapped too!
Did any Devs even think if this would be possible at all?

I think it would be a really cool feature..
Hard do do this right without a database server like mysql for example because there is no real way to sync concurrent access to the remote database files. Experienced developers would not even try this...
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Remote User Libraries0