Kodi crashes and freezes openelec system
Hi everyone!

I recently installed Kodi 15.2 using OpenElec to a J1900 system. Everything went smooth and I was really impressed how everything worked right away. Since my wife and kids are using the HTPC too (actually more than me to be onest) it's important that this system works without troubles.
Sadly it isn't. Kodi occationally crashes and freezes the system during video playback from an external USB drive.

I've put a log here.

This was recorded while playing back different videos and it took some time to catch the freeze, so it logged some stuff.
Hope this log says something to you guys and anyone can point me a direction how to fix.

Thanks in advance.
Known since years: https://bugzilla.kernel.org/show_bug.cgi?id=109051

Intel's kernel bug.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
Many thanks for the quick answer. 1 day without freezes with CPU limited to C1 and a happy little girl.

Now I only need to get my hands on the TV card, but that's another story.
:-) DVB-C / DVB-S / DVB-T?
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
DVB-C, I'm using a Technisat CableStar Combo HD CI, which works fine but after some time (don't know exactly if it is related to EPG grabbing) I'm getting an error msg : "no free tuner available" when trying to start tvheadend client. Deactivating the tvheadend service and reactivating it works, but that's not a real fix for that issue. I am still trying to get a clean log for this.
Mmh, I would not throw hardware after a software problem.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi crashes and freezes openelec system0