3D disable issues
We have an i68 android unit running Kodi 15.2 hooked up to our LG 3D tv.

After the recent android update, when we play a HQ stream, the box (or Kodi?) is sending a 3d signal to our tv. The screen blacks out for 2 seconds, the tv prompts us to put on our 3d glasses. Then the stream resumes playing. The screen blacks out again, the tv prompts that 3d is turned off. Then the stream resumes playing again.

These black outs and prompts happen every 2-3 minutes, making it impossible to watch anything.

In our system settings-> video-> playback-> playback mode of stereoscopic 3d videos-> "ignore"

In our settings -> system -> video output -> stereoscopic 3d mode / current -> "disabled"

I have tried every combination of these settings including ignore, preferred, etc. and nothing fixes the problem.

Does anyone have any suggestions?
The same happens to me, only with the plugins, including the YouTube. It doesn't happens reproducing my local video files with Kodi, neither with any other App (Netflix, YouTube).
I also noted that the precence of the 3D button during playback is inconsistent, it's there with some videos and hidden with others, despite all the material is 2D.
Any help or further questions is welcomed.
I was able to find a "fix" for this problem in case anyone else out there is experiencing the same "hiccups" during add-on playback.

System->> Video ->> Acceleration ->> Allow hardware acceleration - RockchipCodec ->> deselect this setting.

An internet search of "RockchipCodec" has many others experiencing playback problems in early 2016 as well.
(2016-02-05, 23:12)hwarner Wrote: I was able to find a "fix" for this problem in case anyone else out there is experiencing the same "hiccups" during add-on playback.

System->> Video ->> Acceleration ->> Allow hardware acceleration - RockchipCodec ->> deselect this setting.

An internet search of "RockchipCodec" has many others experiencing playback problems in early 2016 as well.

I did not see any option to disable RockchipCodec in that area you specified
then you either don't have a Rockchip hardware or you need to switch the settings level to "Expert"

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
3D disable issues1