Linux Network segmentation
Quick (perhaps stupid) question: is it important to have the backend(s) of MythTV in the same network segment as the Kodi frontend(s)?
I have a segmented network. The MythTV is in my "server" segment (10.0.x.x) and the Kodi in another (192.168.x.x). the add-on is able to see and get the channel list and TVguide info (but does it by at least crashing and restarting Kodi twice) but I can't see live TV.

I was wondering if the segmented setup is causing this.

By the way: the segmentation is done by a cisco router: e.g. no firewall or anything like that in between.
I'm not an expert, but I think that somewhere you need a route table so that your 2 segments know where everything goes.

My ADSL2+ modem/router/wireless AP has a Subnet configuration section to define all the subnets.
If you cannot watch livetv, the root cause is in the mythtv configurarion: You have to setup right ip4 address and probably remove an invalid ip6 config.

Update: These stuff have to be configured using myth-setup. What else, the addon use standard ip trandport of your operating system, so route table is used by the ip stack like with any others network programs and for you it seems to work as you can see channels...

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Network segmentation0