v15 Updating Music Artist Info
Hello,
I am hoping someone has come across this problem before and can help me. I have some pretty obscure Artist in my music library and as such the Music Scrapers cannot find info for them so when I go into my music library there is just a blank picture for the artist. I am then trying to update this artist info by uploading a picture for the artist that is stored on my hard drive.
Most of the time the following method works just fine: -
Go into my Music Library and then select list by Artist
Right Click on the Artist and select Artist Information
Then Click on Get Thumb
Then Select Browse and Browse to the location on the required photo and select it.

However probably about 50% of the time when you right click on the artist in your music library and select Artist info, Kodi just straight away goes into an internet search and cannot find the info for the artist and there is no option that allows you to manually Browse for a picture.

Can anyone please tell me of a way round this?

Thanks in anticitpation of your reply.
I'm not a big music collector, but it would seem if there is no information about the listing, the action triggers the scrapers. Adding music to the library (wiki) FTW: If you want a custom thumb, you can add a .jpg file to your music directory. The .tbn file can be either a .JPG or a .PNG file (with transparency) that you simply rename the extension from .jpg/.png to .tbn.
The size of the picture can be anything from 64x64 to 256x256 in pixel-size (you may want to use a larger pixel-size if you use Kodi in 720p/1080i HDTV resolution to get a sharper image).

My assumption is that if there is images associated with a specific folder/file, they will show regardless.
You can put a "folder.jpg" in the artist folder and it will be picked up by the scraper. Any resolution should work but I recommend 500x500 or higher. For the artist background you can put a "fanart.jpg" in the same folder.
If the artist really doesn't scrape, you can create an artist.nfo file with all the info (name, genres, active period, birthday or formed for group etc.). I recommend reading http://kodi.wiki/view/NFO_files/Music#Artists for how to create such a file.
I think all righthtinking people in this country are sick and tired of being told that ordinary, decent people are fed up in this country with being sick and tired.
Thank you very much guys. After a bit of fiddling around, I came to the same conclusion as you guys have said, in that there is no NFO file hence it is going straight to internet search.
Thanks Again.
In Kodi 15, when you open the artist info dialog window, if the database does not show that the artist has been scraped (using a "last scraped" string attribute) it automatically tries to scrape. In Kodi 16 that is changed so you can always get into the artist info dialog.

scott s.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Updating Music Artist Info0