• 6(current)
Intel NUC - Skylake (6th Generation CPU)
Anyone having lip sync issues with Intel NUCS? More specifically running NUC6I5SYH on Win10. The NUC seems to be able to handle all my videos just fine but my audio appears slightly out of sync in ~100ms range though I haven't gotten it exactly right yet.

This is my first Intel based Kodi setup, anyone know what render/acceleration settings are recommended for intel? DVXA render + accel or not?
Hi, i changed my nuc5i5 (broadwell) for a nuc6i5 (skylake) and i got a lot of trouble too. Same Windows 10 x64 and while using the older nuc there was no problems at all, now with the skylake one, i have micro stutter (frame drops) and big audio problems, like stoping a movie and lose all audio. Until full windows reboot. Or closing kodi and never close at all, need to end task to go desktop.

Im pretty sure thouse are crappy intel vga drivers bugs. I tried last beta ones, .4380 and now i dont loose audio and kodi closes fine everytime but still get a lot of frame drops, like the ones when you dont activate "change refresh rate on start/stop" and "v-sync", wich i checked and are on.

Everything was smooth on broadwell nuc but now this is hell.

Sorry for my english Smile
Quote:24p / 4K / H265 (HEVC) Hardware decoders start from here...

- Intel Microarchitecture, Skylake, Braswell & Cherry trails,
Great support as well shown from the Kodi developers
The Braswell platform is slowly becoming the 2016 Chromebox.
You get what you pay for here, which is massive flexibility and a lot of grunt in the higher priced NUC's.
Top Spec, Top of the range deinterlacing for some NUC's, details HERE
Software decoding of any problematic video codecs (eg. 10-bit) on i3/ i5 / i7 NUC's, means virtually all video playback problems are covered here. i series Intel, definitely recommended for Hi10P Anime fans.
Kodi outputs decoded 10-bit video as 8-bit, however may change during the year.
4K Limited to 30Hz due to HDMI 1.4 limitation, unless a DP to HDMI 2.0 adapter purchased.
No Hardware decoding of Interlaced VC-1 content if using Linux / OpenELEC
Disappointingly - No HDMI CEC control built into Intel, like other devices listed in this thread, some boxes do have IR receivers.
HDMI CEC can be added via a Pulse8 HDMI CEC Adapter
However, for basic 4K/2K/1080p video playback, Intel i series NUC's are complete overkill and overpriced for Kodi use only.

Also, out of these Boxes from the 3 chip architectures listed above - which have/ may possibly have maximum internal "expansion" i.e. SATA / mSATA/ M.2 ports ?

As the i NUCs are expensive while the affordable boxes in B & C links don't seem to have much expansion. Might it make sense to get MoBos that support B & C and opt for a cheaper Non-i CPU? That way I get the ports and the lower cost?

I do not necessarily need i processors, but I'd like to have some ports internally to do some Slave Box activities that I cant on my laptop.
Quote:Typically for overnight burn in tests; dban, badblocks, chkdsk, SMART/ Surface Tests, Seagate/ WD Tests
Sometimes HDD/ Partition Cloning / Ghosting etc. for my Synology NAS drives
Thumbs Up 
can i play x265 1080p with my i3 skylake intel nuc or not?
(2016-03-12, 08:09)rickyman Wrote: can i play x265 1080p with my i3 skylake intel nuc or not?
Yes you can.
I can play x265 1080p on my nuc Pentium.
I'm running a dev build of openelec available at http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=231955
There has been some info leaked about the new Skull Canyon with i7 and FINALLY HDMI 2.0:

http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/n...brief.html

Getting one! Smile
AppleTV 4K, LG 65E6 OLED TV, Marantz NR1606, Harmony Elite
(2016-03-17, 12:00)_Spook_ Wrote: There has been some info leaked about the new Skull Canyon with i7 and FINALLY HDMI 2.0:

Getting one! Smile

Nice!!!
MY CURRENT MEDIA PLAYER | MY HOME THEATER
MINIX NEO U22-XJ COREELEC v19 MATRIX | EGREAT A10 | NVIDIA SHIELD | LG 75 NANO90 DV/HDR+ | Sony 43 Android TV HDR
XBOX SERIES X  | PS4 PRO 4K | JBL 9.1 System 5.1.4 DTS:X/ATMOS 
(2016-03-17, 12:00)_Spook_ Wrote: There has been some info leaked about the new Skull Canyon with i7 and FINALLY HDMI 2.0:

Getting one! Smile

They are probably doing it through DP to HDMI converter since the Intel I7-6770HQ supports HDMI 1.4 (link) so I think it would be better getting the I3 version and adding the Club3D adaptor to it if you do not need such high performance (Kodi only machine for example).

Edit: Also there is no mention of HDCP 2.2, and as I understand it is not a requirement for HDMI 2.0 standard, so still exactly the same as using an adapter on older or lower spec NUC.
(2016-03-17, 16:38)melhemk Wrote:

Getting one! Smile

They are probably doing it through DP to HDMI converter since the Intel I7-6770HQ supports HDMI 1.4 (link) so I think it would be better getting the I3 version and adding the Club3D adaptor to it if you do not need such high performance (Kodi only machine for example).

Edit: Also there is no mention of HDCP 2.2, and as I understand it is not a requirement for HDMI 2.0 standard, so still exactly the same as using an adapter on older or lower spec NUC.

ALSO UHD HEVC 10BIT is probably not going to fully hardware decoded on this new chip, i think we still need to wait for kaby lake chips in a few months time.
Main System - HTPC - Intel I3 6300 - Asrock z170 - 16 GB DDR4 - 128gb SSD - 65" UHD HDR Sony Android TV - Pioneer VSX 1130-K - 7.2.2 speakers
Other devices currently in use - 55" 3D UHD LG TV - 2 Fire TV's - Nexus Player - MiniMX s905 - Voyo Vmac Mini
Ubuntu Server - 12 TB NAS - MYSQL - Torrent Box
Time will tell what chip Intel used for the HDMI 2.0 output. And if I remeber correctly HDCP 2.2 is a part of the HDMI 2.0 specs.

EDIT: http://www.pcworld.com/article/3045374/h...ni-pc.html

It does support HDCP 2.2
Nice... no DisplayPort-to-HDMI needed! The Skull Canyon with i7 is way overkill for a non-gamer like me... are there other HDMI 2.0a/HDCP2.2 i3's or i5's?

Also, we'll need confirmation on HEVC 10-bit and HDR for 4K.
[H]i-[d]eft [M]edia [K]een [V]ideosaurus
My HT
If the leaked specs is correct it's just 2.0 and not 2.0a so no HDR, but that could be firmware upgraded. And since sky lake does not support 10 bit I do not think there will be any 10 bit from Intel before next gen.
Is next-gen Cannon Lake, late this year I'm guessing?
[H]i-[d]eft [M]edia [K]een [V]ideosaurus
My HT
(2016-03-19, 18:56)_Spook_ Wrote: If the leaked specs is correct it's just 2.0 and not 2.0a so no HDR, but that could be firmware upgraded. And since sky lake does not support 10 bit I do not think there will be any 10 bit from Intel before next gen.

I guess HDR will require 10 bit HEVC - so there isn't much point having HDMI 2.0a with HDR support if you can't hardware decode 10 bit HEVC HDR content? (Though on a fast i7 you could decode HEVC 10 bit in software I guess - but it is unlikely to be that quiet...)
  • 6(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Intel NUC - Skylake (6th Generation CPU)1