Linux Wrong link?
Hey guys -

BLUF: were you aware that the link for Kodibuntu on the Downloads page of the site points to the Helix version, even though the page says Isengard? If the link will be changed, please let me know when, if not I'll go ahead and continue with Helix.

After spending years on Frodo, a system crash is forcing me now to upgrade to the latest and greatest. Didn't want to have to upgrade because setting up MythTV on my main server is a royal pain in the ___. (my server has XBMCbuntu with MythTV installed).

Please let me know...and thanks again for the awesome job you guys do day in and day out.
This link will never change. But you can install that and follow the update instructions mentioned here-> Kodibuntu (wiki) to get the latest stable version of Kodi in Kodibuntu.

Maybe there will be a newer one if Ubuntu 16.04 will be released. But that's just speculation.
Got it...thank you much.
Offhand, I forget who originally did XBMCbuntu/Kodibuntu, but I don't think they're as active anymore, so it's fallen to other team mebers who are often busy doing other things. Since it's a LTS version and it's fairly easy to update Kodi one installed, there isn't a pressing reason to keep changing it. Maybe if there were more people to work on it, it would be updated more often, but it's not a big deal either way.

There used to be a note on the download page about needing to update Kodibuntu once downloaded, but I think it got lost in the shuffle of download links being updated and all. Maybe someone will add a new note.
From my experience updating from lts to lts goes rather smoothly, though I'm afraid that won't be the case with 16.04 due to the introduction of systemd.

Backup and restore your mythtv settings instead of reconfiguring myth from scratch, because yeah, configuring myth is a huge pita. From memory mythtv creates the backups automatically.
And also see https://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Database_Backup_and_Restore
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
@Ned:

AFAIK wsnipex does a lot of the work for Kodibuntu. Maybe we'll see a newer version of it...maybe not. As you already said, it can be done very easy to install Kodi on Lubuntu (and as fritsch already mentioned in his DIY-thread).
Thank you very much guys. As always, you've been more than helpful giving me more than I asked for, and I appreciate it. I'll see if I can tackle the backup and restore next weekend.
(2016-01-31, 14:22)David1977 Wrote: @Ned:

AFAIK wsnipex does a lot of the work for Kodibuntu. Maybe we'll see a newer version of it...maybe not. As you already said, it can be done very easy to install Kodi on Lubuntu (and as fritsch already mentioned in his DIY-thread).
lcapriotti was the main commiter I think, but I haven't seen him around lately. Of course we could be frequenting different threads...
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Wrong link?0