Kodi 15.2 settings not saving on exit?
I have Kodi 15.2 installed on my Windows 10 box.

When I was starting up Kodi, I was getting an error that the Web Server failed to start. I went and changed the port so everything was good, and exited the application. Upon reopening it, the settings I had just set hadn't saved. It had reverted back to what it was. Anytime I tried to change the web server settings, every time I restart the application it reverts back.

I tried to change the setting manually by editing the guisettings.xml file in the UserData folder, but I get an Access Denied message when I try to save it.

I checked the file permissions for that folder/file and Read-Only wasn't selected.. but I still can't save to it.

Kodi seems to not be able to save any settings that I need it to? Help please?
Here's an outside windows thread on this issue. http://www.tenforums.com/general-discuss...ation.html
So this is kind of still going on... and I don't think it's a file ownership issue.

My settings all of a sudden revert back, but not always right away. The icon in my quick launch bar also keeps showing a plain white square, meaning the source file isn't there anymore, but when I click to launch, it changes back to the kodi icon. The next time I'll be on, it'll be back to being a white icon again.

I have made sure I have ownership of all the necessary files/folders... but the changes keep getting reverted... wtf is going on with my installation on Windows 10?
You havent installed any 3rd party things for Kodi have you?
edit: never mind your on windows

can a mod please delete this post as it is irrevelent,
i tried to delete it myself but its saying i cant

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi 15.2 settings not saving on exit?0