• 6(current)
Jarvis RC Choppy UI, Full Screen Window Only Fix
What does your television say about the input signal it gets? I guess your refreshrate while on the desktop is 60hz, right? So when you're in windowed mode it's definitely around 60fps.
Now when you are in true full-screen mode and you start a movie that's for example 24p, your television should switch it's mode from 60 to 24p. I used to see the switch on an panasonic plasma I used to own. It would show that information in the top right corner, like in your yt capture where it says HDMI 4 and 1080p.
Is there any button on your remote control that shows the information from the input signal? Or is there any such setting?

I can't see the the noticeable sluggish performance on the yt capture, but I believe you on your word. I think I know exactly what you mean.
It's only while in the UI and looks like a pc game with lots of lag.
I was checking your kodi logs and you uploaded kodi_15_truefs twice. Could you upload kodi_16_fswindow?
did you speed the youtube video up to 2x? you can see many more frames in the settings window animations for sure.

thank you for not calling me a crazy person, i've been at this a long time since OG xbox i can definitely notice the change upgrading from 15 to 16. it is quite difficult to capture on video but i'm pretty sure it's quite noticeable in the video, i have had other people confirm it in person.

as far as my TV goes yes it shows the refresh rate in the corner and for both instances in the video it is at 60hz, it will clearly indicate 24hz otherwise. i still get the video switch to 24hz fine.

kodi_16_fswindow is here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8DJr27...sp=sharing

you can find this line in that log:

13:38:06 T:6516 DEBUG: CWinSystemWin32::SetFullScreenEx (windowed fullscreen) on screen 0 with size 1920x1080, refresh 60.000000
leia nightly / nvidia shield / win 10 64-bit | 16gb ddr4 | intel i7-7700k | titan x pascal
Ok thanks for the log. The only difference I can see are two things:

1. In 15.2 the following happens:

Code:
13:41:31 T:9844   DEBUG: CRenderSystemDX::CreateDevice - nVidia workaround - disabling RENDER_CAPS_DXT_NPOT

This does not happen in 16 and is probably dx11 related or maybe not and they forgot to put this nvidia workaround in version 16 (no disrespect towards the devs, but everybody makes mistakesAngel).

2. Only in 16 true fullscreen I see these lines:
Code:
13:35:48 T:6252   DEBUG: CRenderSystemDX::SetFullScreenInternal - Current display mode is: [email protected]
13:35:48 T:6252   DEBUG: CRenderSystemDX::SetFullScreenInternal - Found matched mode: [email protected]
13:35:48 T:6252   DEBUG: CRenderSystemDX::SetFullScreenInternal - Switching mode to [email protected].
13:35:48 T:6252   DEBUG: CRenderSystemDX::CreateWindowSizeDependentResources - (Re)Create window size (1920x1080)

This is not happening in either 15.2 windowed or true fullscreen and it does not happen in 16 windowed. I can also see these lines in my kodi 16, and I also use true fullscreen.
I hope a dev can do something with this, because I am at my wit's end.

P.S.
Quote:you may also notice that when I installed 16 stable and use Fullscreen window it is now only displaying the top left quadrant of the screen zoomed in. it was not doing this on RC3, perhaps this is of some help?
Is this still the case by the way?
(2016-02-22, 22:43)zawaponga Wrote: Ok thanks for the log. The only difference I can see are two things:

1. In 15.2 the following happens:

Code:
13:41:31 T:9844   DEBUG: CRenderSystemDX::CreateDevice - nVidia workaround - disabling RENDER_CAPS_DXT_NPOT

This does not happen in 16 and is probably dx11 related or maybe not and they forgot to put this nvidia workaround in version 16 (no disrespect towards the devs, but everybody makes mistakesAngel).

2. Only in 16 true fullscreen I see these lines:
Code:
13:35:48 T:6252   DEBUG: CRenderSystemDX::SetFullScreenInternal - Current display mode is: [email protected]
13:35:48 T:6252   DEBUG: CRenderSystemDX::SetFullScreenInternal - Found matched mode: [email protected]
13:35:48 T:6252   DEBUG: CRenderSystemDX::SetFullScreenInternal - Switching mode to [email protected].
13:35:48 T:6252   DEBUG: CRenderSystemDX::CreateWindowSizeDependentResources - (Re)Create window size (1920x1080)

This is not happening in either 15.2 windowed or true fullscreen and it does not happen in 16 windowed. I can also see these lines in my kodi 16, and I also use true fullscreen.
I hope a dev can do something with this, because I am at my wit's end.

Excellent! Thank you for your help, hopefully this will be visible enough here to be fixed and I will add it to the ticket I created on trac.

(2016-02-22, 22:43)zawaponga Wrote:
Quote:you may also notice that when I installed 16 stable and use Fullscreen window it is now only displaying the top left quadrant of the screen zoomed in. it was not doing this on RC3, perhaps this is of some help?
Is this still the case by the way?

No that seemed to be a fluke as evidenced in the video, it was not doing it there and I just tested again and it's still not doing that.
leia nightly / nvidia shield / win 10 64-bit | 16gb ddr4 | intel i7-7700k | titan x pascal
(2016-02-21, 16:15)gotoman00 Wrote: I already answered: with my eyes. it is a VERY noticeable sluggish performance when using true fullscreen. the animations are very choppy. no I am not don Quixote, I have no reason to lie about this all I want to do is fix the problem! there is no reason to be rude or condescending.

you may also notice that when I installed 16 stable and use Fullscreen window it is now only displaying the top left quadrant of the screen zoomed in. it was not doing this on RC3, perhaps this is of some help?

edit: this thread has 1400 views I find it hard to believe I am the only one or hallucinating this

Is it just the UI? I'm having the same issue just with video playback. Older version of course works flawless.
just the UI
When i update to Jarvis, have this problem when disable "Use fullscreen window",
i've never had problems in previous versions Jarvis. The error occurs when kodi start.

Image popup windows:

video Sample start Kodi Jarvis:

Use fullscreen window

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e-XPyKecbDU

Not use fullscreen window

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GUV0BrwQciM

Activate "Use fullscreen window" work fine, but MPG2 video use fullscreen window plays with artifacts. : Eh:
1. Debug Log?
2. Kodi setted up as OS shell?
3. Update Video driver. Install all updates on Windows.
(2016-02-25, 22:36)afedchin Wrote: 1. Debug Log?
2. Kodi setted up as OS shell?
3. Update Video driver. Install all updates on Windows.

1 Ok, but crashes before starting kodi
2 Not setted up as OS shell, "kodi.exe -d 15" delay, this is the Startup folder and a black background.
3 My graphics drivers are updated and all updates Windows.
(2016-02-26, 10:48)PatOso Wrote: [quote='afedchin' pid='2258759' dateline='1456432615']
1 Ok, but crashes before starting kodi
2 Not setted up as OS shell, "kodi.exe -d 15" delay, this is the Startup folder and a black background.
3 My graphics drivers are updated and all updates Windows.
1. If Kodi starts it creates a Debug Log. perhaps stacktrace/crushdumps files are exist if so provide them all.
2. got it.
3. Which version of Windows do you use?
Windows 7 home edition 32 bits
Do you use KodiLauncher? If not try to use it to start Kodi when windows starts.
What is KodiLauncher? Huh
http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...diLauncher It was renamed to Launcher4Kodi Smile
Ok, I will install Launcher4Kodi, but Jarvis have problems using real full screen. Confused

THX
  • 6(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Jarvis RC Choppy UI, Full Screen Window Only Fix0