Release addon to show website
Hi, im trying to create a plugin to show a website in full screen without leaving kodi.
i have been going trough the tutorials on development, but i cant seems to find anything else than standalone addons that launches browsers and so on.

can anyone hit me over the head with the right documentation? Smile

Kind regards,
MCHR
AFAIK you wont find a browser in Kodi. I like the idea though, so I keep my fingers crossed.
What's the different in or outside Kodi?
Just use your OS browser and alt+tab.
Its not very elegant imho. And to continue your argument. Why not simply use a browser to launch stuff. ;-)
the plan is to run it on a raspberry pi, and use the CEC feature, i dont need to navigate around on the website, simply show it.

to elaborate a bit, its to show a monitoring site from my work, primary so i can get a quick overview of the alerts just before going to bed, makes it easier to guess if my phone will wake me up with a message about downtime on a system
You could most likely extract just the values you need from the http and update those in a skin.
(2016-02-03, 19:49)mchrdk Wrote: Hi, im trying to create a plugin to show a website in full screen without leaving kodi.
i have been going trough the tutorials on development, but i cant seems to find anything else than standalone addons that launches browsers and so on.

can anyone hit me over the head with the right documentation? Smile

There is no such thing. Kodi has a pre-defined set of on-screen widgets and they do not include a browser engine, like in Qt GUI framework, for example.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
addon to show website0