Cloud based solution?
I have a NAS (synology DS213+ i think) with about 7TB space in it and to be honest its not enough so i was eager to hear if theres a cloud solution out there i can put my content on and stream from? Right now im using Streamnation but they have had problems with uploading in 2 weeks now and their support has been offline for about 4 days (normally answer within 12 hours) so my gut feeling is saying the site is shutting down. Is there any service similiar to that? Is it even viable/not crazy expensive? in the perfect world it would do all the transcoding aswell so i can watch my content on my tablet etc when on the move. If i were to build my own nas/homemade cloud solution wouldnt it then be insanely expensive in power and parts?

Hope you have some insight Smile
with a higher end synology you can install emby and transcode with little to no effort.
(2016-02-03, 21:27)bry- Wrote: with a higher end synology you can install emby and transcode with little to no effort.

What would you reckon is a higher end synology? For it to be perfect for me it needs to be able to transcode up to 4 1080p movies (not 1:1 1080p but like 10 gb versions) at the same time. What sort of upload would i need in order to make this work? Just so i know what my "requirements" for a NAS is Smile
(2016-02-03, 21:30)famulor Wrote:
(2016-02-03, 21:27)bry- Wrote: with a higher end synology you can install emby and transcode with little to no effort.

What would you reckon is a higher end synology? For it to be perfect for me it needs to be able to transcode up to 4 1080p movies (not 1:1 1080p but like 10 gb versions) at the same time. What sort of upload would i need in order to make this work? Just so i know what my "requirements" for a NAS is Smile

here is a list : https://www.synology.com/en-global/knowl..._my_device that can transcode
first_time_user (wiki) | free content (wiki) | forum rules (wiki) | PVR (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)

IMPORTANT:
The official Kodi version does not contain any content what so ever. This means that you should provide your own content from a local or remote storage location, DVD, Blu-Ray or any other media carrier that you own. Additionally Kodi allows you to install third-party plugins that may provide access to content that is freely available on the official content provider website. The watching or listening of illegal or pirated content which would otherwise need to be paid for is not endorsed or approved by Team Kodi.
(2016-02-03, 21:37)bry- Wrote:
(2016-02-03, 21:30)famulor Wrote:

here is a list : https://www.synology.com/en-global/knowl..._my_device that can transcode

So "group 1 type 1" is like the top tier of synology NAS. It dosent say how many concurrent streams tho. Nonetheless thanks for the link it was actually helpful Smile
Any idea of the "group 1 type 1" NAS in bry-'s link can transcode 2-3 concurrent 1080P (8-10gb versions) and 3D movies (SBS versions)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Cloud based solution?0