Linux [Apr 25] - Unofficial Kodi 15.2, 16.1 FINAL, 16 RC, and 17.0 Alpha for Mageia 5 x64

I've compiled Kodi and made public RPMs for Mageia 5 x86_64.

Kodi 17.0 Alpha 1
I'm now also offering nightly builds of the next version of Kodi. This one is def for those that wants to live on the bleeding edge. It will install to /opt/krypton.

Krypton is now my daily driver because I like Estuary so much. It's stable enough. A few crashes here and there, but it's not a show stopper.

Kodi 16 RC
There will be a new version online if there has been changes to the Git source.

Kodi 16.1 Jarvis
First build of Jarvis Final is up.

Kodi 15.2 Isengard
Have now compiled a second version of 15.2 Isengard with the options that the other two version have.

Head over to my server and download and test the RPM and let me know what you think.

http://kekepower.noip.me/kodi/

Changelog
  • 2016-04-25
  • Kodi 16.1 Final is online
    2016-04-01
  • Krypton and Jarvis is built with all addons enabled.
    2016-03-28
  • Recompiled ffmpeg and Kodi with Bluray support.
  • As a test, also compiled with --enable-libav-compat
  • Fixed a typo that prevented the script from building for the past few days.
    2016-03-17
  • Added FFMpeg 3.0 to the Krypton tree.
  • I think FFMpeg is compiled with H265 support. Have no way of testing.
  • I've seen a lot of updates to Krypton lately. The guys are working really hard :-)
    2016-03-09
  • Rebuild of Kodi 16.0 Final against updated libs from Mageia. Else, nothing new.
  • Changed a setting in the Krypton spec file and hopefully it'll install alongside Jarvis now.
    2016-02-20
  • Jarvis has been tagged FINAL in GIT and it's online for you all to enjoy! Grab it while it's fresh!
  • Both 16 and 17 are compiled with AirPlay support.
    2016-02-13
  • Kodi 16.0 Jarvis has been bumped to RC4 in GIT. Next build tonight will be an RC4 build.
  • Had an issue with my git tree that made it compile the same version for several days. Fixed now. New builds online.
  • Also had a small bug in my build script that made the Krypton version unavailable. Fixed now.
  • Been thinking about building Kodi 15.2 Isengard that installs into /opt/isengard instead of /opt/kodi/isengard. Let me know if you want it or not.
    2016-02-08
  • Enabled my hack to use $HOME/.config/kodi, but also does a symlink to $HOME/.kodi to be on the safe side
  • The Spec file is now included in the .tar.xz. In theory, you can now use rpmbuild -tb kodi......tar.xz. Haven't tested.
  • Looks like Jarvis is getting really close to Release. May go over to weekly or bi-weekly build when it does.
  • Will continue to offer nightlies of Krypton
    2016-02-07
  • Added libbluetooth support in Krypton
  • Disabled the Google Test suite
  • Reverted to the standard Kodi $HOME/.kodi
  • I've created a hack that I may implement in the next build that will use .config/kodi. Let me know if you want this or not!
    2016-02-05
  • Now using the standard ${HOME}/.config/kodi instead of ${HOME}/.kodi
  • Added a nightly build of Kodi 17.0alpha1 Krypton for those that wants to live on the bleeding edge
  • Recompiled Kodi 15.2 Isengard with CEC support and the .config/kodi hack
    2016-02-04
  • Finally compiled with CEC support
  • LIRC support added
  • Disabled DVDCSS - Fall back to other option
  • Disabled CCache
  • Enabled Non-Free (unrar)

Cheers!

kekePower
Hi.

The Jarvis RPM is updated after I got a few suggestions on the Mageia forum.

Please check it out and let me know how it works for you.

Cheers,
kekePower
Cool brother Wink
Kodi Jarvis 16.0 Final for Mageia 5 x86_64 compiled and online...
I'm liking the Krypton default skin, Estuary.

What do you think? Why don't you give my latest build a try :-)

On mga5, I receive the error

" libmodplug.so.0()(64bit) is needed by kodi-16.1_Final.mga5-1.x86_64"

when I tried to install kodi-16.1; however, both the libmodplug and the devel package are installed.

rpm -qa | grep lib64modplug
lib64modplug1-0.8.8.5-4.mga5
lib64modplug-devel-0.8.8.5-4.mga5

I was able to install kodi using the all-nodeps flag

urpmi --allow-nodeps kodi-16.1_Final.mga5-1.x86_64.rpm

and it seems to run OK so far.
kekePower, thanks for all your great work! I'm having an install problem a lot like msjarrell mentioned. Kernel and Mageia distro are 4.4.16-desktop-1.mga5 x86_64. Regular urpmi install fails due to 2 dependencies that I cannot seem to reconcile. Here's the ouput from forcing nodeps:
Code:
$urpmi --allow-nodeps kodi-16.1_Final.mga5-1.x86_64.rpm
WARNING: --allow-nodeps option is in use. Some strange problems may happen

SECURITY: The following package is _NOT_ signed (OK ((none))): kodi-16.1_Final.mga5-1.x86_64.rpm
installing kodi-16.1_Final.mga5-1.x86_64.rpm
Installation failed:
        libmodplug.so.0()(64bit) is needed by kodi-16.1_Final.mga5-1.x86_64
        libopenmpt.so.0()(64bit) is needed by kodi-16.1_Final.mga5-1.x86_64
Try installation without checking dependencies? (y/N) y
Preparing...                     ###############################################################################
      1/1: kodi                  ###############################################################################
It installs to /bin/kodi and I'm able to open and run Kodi, but is there something that won't be working or that will cause problems? Cheers! Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Apr 25] - Unofficial Kodi 15.2, 16.1 FINAL, 16 RC, and 17.0 Alpha for Mageia 5 x640