Linux CEC not found after update
Yesterday i've updated trough putty apt-get update && upgrade and after that also apt-get dist-upgrade. And cleant old stuff to!
After rebooting cec is not working anymore and under Peripherals under Input Devices is greyed out. What can i dot to get it to work again? by all means, i'm not a tux wizz.
And there is no entry in the log file.
No one who knows what the problem is and how to solve it? bleh... as we say in dutch "heb ik dat" ("does i have that")
"Ik heb het ook" with a pulse eight adapter Tongue

From what I can tell it's caused by the latest libcec 3.0.3 (if I'm right about that version).
Reverting back to kodi 15 worked for me, 16 rc3 doesn't.
Already read up and it wasn't compiled yet with the latest libcec but the next version will be.
Try rebooting both your device and your television completely (shut both down and unplug at the wall, count to 10 and plug back in and restart).

I had this once and a full reboot of everything cured it.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
Allready did that

But i have a error log.. finally!
15:45:30 T:139938670741440 ERROR: Unable to load libcec.so.3.0, reason: libcec.so.3.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
15:45:30 T:139938670741440 ERROR: Initialise - failed to initialise bus cec

Fount the working solution!
apt-get install --reinstall libcec3=3.0.1-1~trusty <--- after = is a version nummer.
So it's a downgrade! but is does the trick.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
CEC not found after update0