Question about scraping Anime. Episodes, series, etc.
Hi all,

I've recently been introduced to the Anime genre, and have collected quite a few of these already.

I have a few anime's thats has multiple episodes, also i have a few anime's that are released in parts.

I understand that if we scrape TV episodes we gotta use tvdb scraper, which will create a masterfolder for each season, and add the episodes into it, and the tmdb scraper we use for movies, which will create a movie collection folder and add the series/parts into it.

But how can i do this with anime;s when you have combinations of some anime's with episodes, and others with series/collections. I hope i am not confusing.
But i guess people who are into anime understand this.

So ideally what scrapper should i use, also i wouldnt want to rename them.

Please guide.
I just go to the TVDB listing for the anime in question and then make my file names conform to it.
http://kodi.wiki/view/Anime I don't use the library myself - just the file browser - so can't help other than to point you there.

Anime seasons can be a real pain as most of the time they're distinguished with a different title rather than a season indicator, and some sites treat them as seasons, others as separate shows. In at least one case, season 2 was distinguished by the addition of a single fullstop/period at the end of the title ...
(2016-02-08, 01:26)DJ_Izumi Wrote: I just go to the TVDB listing for the anime in question and then make my file names conform to it.

Gosh, i have about 350 anime titles this is going to take me years
(2016-02-08, 02:23)MANswers Wrote: Gosh, i have about 350 anime titles this is going to take me years

Exactly how 'recently' did you get into this? Tongue

And yeah, entering large backlogs into my library can be a pain. It was a lot of effort when I first set up the server since it was all going in at once. I bit the bullet and did the work. It's easier now that I'm adding series as I acquire them.
(2016-02-08, 03:27)DJ_Izumi Wrote:
(2016-02-08, 02:23)MANswers Wrote: Gosh, i have about 350 anime titles this is going to take me years

Exactly how 'recently' did you get into this? Tongue

And yeah, entering large backlogs into my library can be a pain. It was a lot of effort when I first set up the server since it was all going in at once. I bit the bullet and did the work. It's easier now that I'm adding series as I acquire them.

Dont want to get banned here talking about it.. Rofl
(2016-02-08, 04:26)MANswers Wrote: Dont want to get banned here talking about it.. Rofl

Anyway, maybe there's other sources, but I just conform to the TVDB and yeah, it can be a pain. Some OVAs are there own series, Gundam 0083 is just a 'series' of it's own while being an OVA since it stands alone. But then you can have proper TV series of 13 or 26 episodes each which then have a few stand alone OVA episodes of their own which you then have to correctly as specials. Sometimes the TVDB lists the anime movies as 'specials' even though you could put them in as proper movies instead. This is something at your discretion. And then sometimes you have weird orderings. Like Card Captor Sakura has two ways to number, it could be three seasons but the anime scene typically regards it as just 70 episodes. So you can number by 'seasons' or force Kodi to use the absolute numbering in TVDB to use 1-70 numbering. Then you have seasons that have unique 'names' to the Japanese, like say, Vandread and Vandread The Second Stage even though they're just seasons one and two in the TVDB. Though truncating series into 'seasons' rather than individual names like that is my preference.

...have fun! Big Grin

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Question about scraping Anime. Episodes, series, etc.0