Windows XP
Is anyone going to make a build that will work on Windows XP. I don't want to hear that windows stopped support for it etc. I still use it and always will. All the other O/S's suck and not worth installing them and searching for drivers.
if you make dx11 available on xp first.
you can't run a newer Kodi version on XP as you basically would have to revert a whole lot of the changes we did which require the newer Windows and DirectX APIs and are mandatory for some of the new features. So I highly doubt anyone would even try to make current Kodi version again compatible with XP.

As for drivers, if Kodi is the only thing you run on that box, go for OpenElec as it should run out of the box with no drivers needed, if you want a more recent Kodi version or just stick to what you have.
For you it is permanently April 8, 2014, back then we had a stable version of Kodi 12.3 and this is also what you can be running.
Are you also finding someone to backport all of the Windows security and bug patches you are missing ?
But on a more serious note: the answer is EXTREMELY UNLIKELY
Just use Linux or Android if you don't want to be bothered with Windows but you still want a newer version of Kodi.
There already is a build that works on XP.
(2016-02-08, 17:55)Atreyu Wrote: There already is a build that works on XP.
I think he means a recent build Smile
As recent as XP ?
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
I'd like better analog VHS support from KODI PVR functions.

While yer' at it, please provide button mapping for my remote control clicker.

All other clickers suck.

HOW TO - Kodi 2D - 3D - UHD (4k) HDR Guide Internal & External Players iso menus
DIY HOME THEATER WIND EFFECT

W11 Pro 24H2 MPC-BE\HC madVR KODI 22 GTX960-4GB/RGB 4:4:4/Desktop 60Hz 8bit Video Matched Refresh rates 23,24,50,60Hz 8/10/12bit/Samsung 82" Q90R Denon S720W

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Windows XP0