[split] [APPLE TV 4] pre-alpha builds CORE TESTING - skin talk
If you want custom builds or your favourite skins to work install latest build over previous. don't try to change skin after latest build is installed it would go back to default
(2016-02-09, 01:43)neg0shEAte Wrote: If you want custom builds or your favourite skins to work install latest build over previous. don't try to change skin after latest build is installed it would go back to default

I don't agree as I have used various skins before or after upgrade and it worked well.
(2016-02-09, 14:31)underwriter Wrote:
(2016-02-09, 01:43)neg0shEAte Wrote: If you want custom builds or your favourite skins to work install latest build over previous. don't try to change skin after latest build is installed it would go back to default

I don't agree as I have used various skins before or after upgrade and it worked well.

How did you get this to work. I've tried installing Arctic Zeyphr and get an "error in xvmc.gui" error when installing from zip, which I guess makes sense since Arctic is for Jarvis.
I absolutely loathe Confluence and its the only thing keeping me using Plex instead of Kodi on my Apple TV 4.
Top Shelf is working though, and thats awesome!

Interesting point.....

I've just installed a new version of kodi using a new signing profile in Xcode to allow me to enable the tv shelf feature (which works great btw)

I then had two installs of kodi on my ATV4. So i removed the old version which worked fine with skins etc.

I then went to install a new skin and firstly found that the Get New button was missing.... hmm i thought, so i copied the skin folder over onto my atv4 using file manager and placed it in the add ons folder and navigated to the skin chooser section and they appeared as i'd expect.

I then attempted to load the skin and the system just kept flashing back to the default skin.... it did not allow me to enable the new skin.....

no errors were reported, just dint invoke the new custom skin.....

Using the latest version of kodi 21060207 all signed using IOS app signer v17.

As i said, every thing else works fine, tv shelf in native twos is working like a dream - just can't apply my custom atv4 skin to kodi...... or any other skin for that matter, unsure if it is a ATV4related issue as never seen this behaviour before
The top shelf feature displays kodi library content in native tvos when you highlight the kodi app (much like iTunes movies does) clicking on a movie will launch kodi and start playing that movie Smile. Awesome addition, just a bit gutted having to go back to confluence, I guess it'll do until skins are enabled again Smile
(2016-02-09, 18:12)Martijn Wrote: Too much has changed for skins to work properly as a lot of window and dialogs changed. You will get absolutely zero support if you don't use confluence.

I'm using arctic zephyr which I installed from the previous build and it's working without any problem on the last build with top-shelf display.
I can also switch between Confluence and arctic zephyr without any issues.
(2016-02-09, 18:12)Martijn Wrote: Too much has changed for skins to work properly as a lot of window and dialogs changed. You will get absolutely zero support if you don't use confluence.

Is this why skins have been disabled in this current beta of tvos kodi ? Worked fine in previous beta 20160114
(2016-02-09, 18:06)Gragamale Wrote:

How did you get this to work. I've tried installing Arctic Zeyphr and get an "error in xvmc.gui" error when installing from zip, which I guess makes sense since Arctic is for Jarvis.
I absolutely loathe Confluence and its the only thing keeping me using Plex instead of Kodi on my Apple TV 4.
Top Shelf is working though, and thats awesome!

Do a fresh install of kodi-20160114-5edcc26-yab-tvos.deb select your skin or build then install kodi-20160207-629b015-yab-tvos.deb over it ... only downside to this is file manager won't work unless you do a fresh install of kodi-20160207-629b015-yab-tvos.deb then you would lose your skin ect
@neg0shEAte, I can confirm that your method works. @underwriter you may not be on the latest release because I can confirm you do not even have the ability to select any other skin when I install a skin from my web server using file manager the skin downloads and all my back-up add-ons, but when I choose skin it flickers after selection and reverts to confluence. Only thing I can think of is that Dev's turned it of so they would not have people complaining about skin issues until final release of 17 for TVOS.
I can confirm as well... Load kodi from Jan 14 then load the package and then setup the skin the way you like it... Then load the latest kodi and the skin will be there... Use at your own risk Smile
(2016-02-10, 05:36)Don_black00 Wrote: @neg0shEAte, I can confirm that your method works. @underwriter you may not be on the latest release because I can confirm you do not even have the ability to select any other skin when I install a skin from my web server using file manager the skin downloads and all my back-up add-ons, but when I choose skin it flickers after selection and reverts to confluence. Only thing I can think of is that Dev's turned it of so they would not have people complaining about skin issues until final release of 17 for TVOS.

Ok so I thought I would test this theory so, re-installed 20160114 version of kodi signed with my new provisioning profile (the one I created to enable the TVOS integration) and can confirm using the same profile, I was able to re-apply the older package over the top of the newer package and the skins immediately became available and worked as expected.

So I then reinstalled the newer 20160207 version over the top using the same profile and immediately upon launch the skin re-verted back to confluence. Accessing the skins under settings showed my custom skin as being available but attempting to launch the skin just caused the screen the flicker and confluence to stay intact.

Skinning engine disabled in this build - confirmed.
The solution is to remove kodi from your Apple TV 4, once completed install build from 20160114 first. Select project when opening Xcode. Window>devices>plus sign and select the old version. Once installed let it completely cycle through all its updating. If you have a backup install via SMB or your own method I use my own web server. Then I install the backup. Reboot, and then go in kodi to confirm everything is there. Once that is complete, exit Kodi and repeat process from earlier installing old build with new build. Once completed version will update date to latest release but everything installed will stay in tack.
ahh - gotcha - remove kodi completely then start a fresh with 20160114 - do all customisations etc then install 20160207 over the top - right, i'll give that a go, I hate the confluence skin, it's so old skool lol (like me)
I dont think skinning is disabled in the latest build. As Martijn said a lot of windows and dialogs have changed and that's why you can't confirm the skin change and only get the flashing back to Confluence. It's the same on Pi OpenElec nightly builds.
Yeah that makes sense, I did what you guys suggested and did these steps:-

1) removed kodi completely via Xcode
2) installed 200114
3) configured all plugins and adding as I like it
4) Applied my custom ATV4 skin
5) last step, installed 20160207 over the top and all settings remained intact

Bad news is as soon as you switch skins back to confluence you can't go back due to the issue mentioned above so your stuck with confluence.

Hopefully this will get fixed with a later build

Love the addition of the top shelf in native tvos btw - very professional looking and with my custom ATV4 skin installed, it's hard to know where native tvos stops and kodi takes over, very smooth indeed

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[split] [APPLE TV 4] pre-alpha builds CORE TESTING - skin talk0