Black Screen On startup.
Hi all.
I'm using windows 7 and AeonNox 5.8.1.
When i try to use a DX11 build (Isengard dx1 or all beta and rc of Jarvis) if kody is run in automatic in the startup i get a black screen. (only one time every 15 boots it works)
Moving to left of to right with the controller i hear the soud fx but screen is black.
If i close Kodi with Alt+F4 and i relaunch Kodi everything is ok.
If i wait some minuntes i dont hear animore the fx moving left or right and F4 doesn't work. (i have to kill kodi with taskmanager)
Changing the skin to confluence or using Isengard not DX11 everything works.
Any Idea?
Regards.
Enrico.
seems some corrupt GUI with the skin.
have you tried a complete fresh install i.e redo the full setup ? or at least refresh the skin by deleting the GUI.xml in userdata,
another thing is to turn off DXVA in Kodi settings & see if that helps .
were you using Jarvis before .. because sometimes migrating from old database gives you these kind of errors..
Seems that is not related to AeonNox also it happen only with AeonNOX
When Kodi starts there is already a sound playining.
Seems that AeonNox + Dx11 build of Kodi is not good.
Playing the startup windows sound on tv and the audio of Kodi on soundcard seems that give no problems...
I will check if there is a updated soundcard driver... maybe is this the cause.
Regards.
And i hope this will be usefull for others.
Enrico
Hi, I think your problem can be solve by go Setting> Appearance> Skin> Start Up window> set it "Home Window" because you set it to TV addon or some other add ons when Kodi start it will take a moment to connect to the internet so it can not load the add on that's why it give you black screen. Hope it helps.
I spent two days setting my minix up like I wanted. All of the sudden I have the same black screen problem. I hear the mouse and see it moving but other then that it is all black.

What can I do now?

(I think I indeed changed the startup window. But how can I change it back when all I see is a black screen?)

Thanks for your help!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Black Screen On startup.0