Audio Library View (Share locks)
In Video when viewing in library view share locks are respected and the skin has the option to unlock shares... In Audio however this is not the case and when in library view share locks are not respected.

I suggest this as my children often do Party Mode and in an adult directory (locked when not in library view) I have media such as 2-Live Crew etc. that I just think my 10 year old shouldn't be jamming to....
I'm extremely unlikely to implement this to be honest, as it's tricky to get right (you'd have to retrieve songs for all artists and eliminate them based on path etc. etc.) and would make browsing stuff slow. Songs view only can be filtered reasonably easily, but supporting it any higher up is a nightmare, so you'd still have all the artists + albums listed, just the songs wouldn't show up, which IMO is not really ideal.

A much, much better solution is to simply use 2 separate databases, one for you and one for your kids (ie user profiles). Just scan the shares they're allowed to access.

To be honest, I kinda wish the video views didn't do this as well, as the queries would be much simpler and easier to maintain.

Cheers,
Jonathan
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Audio Library View (Share locks)0