Linux PVR Backend with full support for timeshifting ?
Which Linux PRV Backend has full support for timeshifting in Kodi?
I need support for:
- Pause/Play
- FastForward/Rewind
- Skip back, Skip forward
I need support for DVB-C only.
Mediaportal TV server work almost perfectly for me, but I want to get rid of Windows.
You've asked this question in three different threads now, please only post your question once.

Mythtv is the answer by the way.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Sorry, but I wanted to get different opinions from different users of different PVR's.
And It's not the same question.
So far, VDR + MythTV support what I want/need.
Will test this when I have enough free time.
TVHeadEnd. It has a bit of a learning curve but once you figure it out, it is somewhat more capable than MythTV (I ran Mythbuntu on a backend for a year and a few months ago switched to TVHeadEnd because I got tired of dealing with some of Myth's quirks). However where I am located we only have ATSC and DVB-S(2) so I'm not sure how the various backends work with DVB-C.
@xbmclinuxuser
I have already tried tvheadend.
Everything worked fine,stable for 3 days, timeshifting was enabled, channel switching was fast,I could pause and resume.
The only problem I have not solved is that I cannot skip back,forward, and options for FastForward and ReWind are greyed out?
Are these options working for you ?
I have tested the following:
Clients tested:
- Raspberry PI 1/2 with openelec 5.03/6.0/6.01
- Windows PC with kodi 15.2/16 RC3
Servers tested with DVB-C:
- Tvheadend that comes with KodiBuntu by default (version 3. something)
- Tvheadend that comes with Openelec 6.0, 6.01 (I think it's 4.something)
What is your configuration,tvheadend version, kodi version, os?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Linux PVR Backend with full support for timeshifting ?0