check if add-on is installed
I need to be able to tell whether the currently selected add-on (regardless of whether this is when browsing a repo or local filesystem) is installed on the system or not. My intent is to have a toggle button (in a custom window) being able to make the label say "install" or "uninstall" based on whether it is actually installed.

So, similar to checking whether the selected add-on is enabled:

Code:
StringCompare(ListItem.Property(Addon.Status),Disabled)

I haven't been able to come up with anything to make this possible.

Any ideas?
(2016-02-19, 22:32)Jeroen Wrote: I need to be able to tell whether the currently selected add-on (regardless of whether this is when browsing a repo or local filesystem) is installed on the system or not. My intent is to have a toggle button (in a custom window) being able to make the label say "install" or "uninstall" based on whether it is actually installed.

So, similar to checking whether the selected add-on is enabled:

Code:
StringCompare(ListItem.Property(Addon.Status),Disabled)

I haven't been able to come up with anything to make this possible.

Any ideas?
For installed / uninstalled check here (start line 914) :

https://github.com/Jayz2K/skin.KOver/blo...ttings.xml

I think the property you're using is only available in addons window / dialiog. Dunno a way to get it elsewhere.
[Skin] KOver - V1.1.0 Stable (Repo version)
[WIP] ReKOver - Skinning tool project

If I've been helpful or you like my work, hit "THANK USER" button ;) ...
Thanks Jayz2K, I should clarify I am not checking for any specific add-on, just any add-on that is highlighted when browsing through a repo or locally.

Actually the property for checking enable/disable state works fine in the custom window.
(2016-02-19, 22:54)Jeroen Wrote: Thanks Jayz2K, I should clarify I am not checking for any specific add-on, just any add-on that is highlighted when browsing through a repo or locally.

Actually the property for checking enable/disable state works fine in the custom window.
Hmm, my bad. Well while checking KRYPTON changes, noticed ListItem.Property (Addon.Installed) was changed to ListItem.Property (Addon.IsInstalled) ... But not in the wiki. Worth to try it.

http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid2204682
[Skin] KOver - V1.1.0 Stable (Repo version)
[WIP] ReKOver - Skinning tool project

If I've been helpful or you like my work, hit "THANK USER" button ;) ...

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
check if add-on is installed0