Jarvis 16.0 dropping frames like crazy
I'm noticing a lot of dropped frames with this new Jarvis release. Not with everything, but there is an awful lot of media dropping a major amount of frames. In some instances I'm getting 10 fps. It's bad! On an identical device on Isengard with the same exact configuration I am having none of these problems. So I'd like to be the first to report this.
To prove what I am reporting, I have done a virgin install on 3 devices... a Fire TV, Fire TV Stick, and a Galaxy S6 all with the same results. Although this is happening with many of my streams, I'm including a URL for you all to open as an example. Open this in Jarvis, and again in an older release. You can see what I'm talking about.

The following URL is a free to air TV channel:
http://worldlive-ios.arirang.co.kr/arira...s.mp4.m3u8
Can you press 'o' and see the amount of dropped frames, video codecs and acceleration method etc?
No Debug Log no issue and no problem to solve.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
(2016-02-21, 10:28)mo123 Wrote: Can you press 'o' and see the amount of dropped frames, video codecs and acceleration method etc?

How can I do this without a keyboard?
(2016-02-21, 18:17)StoningtonQB Wrote:
(2016-02-21, 10:28)mo123 Wrote: Can you press 'o' and see the amount of dropped frames, video codecs and acceleration method etc?

How can I do this without a keyboard?

Settings -> system -> debug logging -> turn on. Kodi will overlay all that info on the screen. Also, the log it creates will help diagnose the issue. See fritsch's post above.
Learning Linux the hard way !!
What's with the way the video pops into the screen now when you first start something? I've seen the video come into frame from like the bottom or side of the screen before centering itself. It never did this under libstagefright, so I assume it's due to the new hardware acceleration. It's pretty jarring even though it only does it when you first hit play.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Jarvis 16.0 dropping frames like crazy0