Android Accessng my media libray on my phone
Hello

I have done a search and I could not find a guide for this.

I have kodi on my Samsung Note 4 and I would like to be able to watch movies and tv shows on my commute to and from work (5/6 hours per day). How can I set up my phone to access my library at home

Any help would be greatly appreciated
HTPC
PC: Home Built
Processor: i7 6700k
GPU: GTX 980 ti
Ram: 16GB DDR4
XBMC: Kodi Jarvis
Skin: Aeon Badnox Beta

I don't know if kodi is your answer as you would prob have bandwidth restrictions on your internet. I use Plex for accessing my media outside of my home as it will transcode the video for the bandwidth available
Hi wyild1

I have unlimited on both home and phone with good speeds.. playing with bubbleUPnp at the moment. Plex works great, just prefer the user interface and extras of kodi
HTPC

You'll need a server at home that transodes. Plex works well. Personally I like Mezzmo (great support, cheap, and the new version coming out will stream outside the home just like you are asking for). http://www.conceiva.com/products/mezzmo/ is their site.
I'm assuming the original library is in an Android device also. I use FTPservice app. But i use it for home access only. The server allows you to configure user, password and port. You will need this while adding the FTP source in kodi. You can also limit which networks can access it.
Emby is also a good alternative to Plex as a transcoding server especially if you prefer to stick with kodi
Thanks for the suggestions guys I will look into them. My main library is on a windows 10 PCI can access the library on my phone via plex and via bubbleupnp. I just can't get kodi on my phone to see either
HTPC

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Accessng my media libray on my phone0