Dialog Window / Skin.SetString()
I'm fairly new to XBMC Gui development and I'm making slower progress than I'd like...Sad

I've put together the a modal dialog (defined using XML) for my addon which shows some values in labels and I want the user to amend a value. I display the dialog using

Code:
class myDlg(xbmcgui.WindowXMLDialog):
        def __init__(self,*args,**kwargs):
                xbmcgui.WindowXMLDialog.__init__(self)
        def onInit(self):
                pass
        def onAction(self,action):
                if (action in ACTION_EXIT_SCRIPT):
                        self.close()
        def onClick(self,controlId):
                pass
        def onFocus(self,controlId):
                pass

ui = myDlg('signup.xml',xbmcaddon.Addon().getAddonInfo('path').decode('utf-8'),'Default')
ui.doModal();

The dialog pops up as expected.

I have a button which calls <onclick>XBMC.Skin.SetString(userVal)</onclick> and a label that displays the var 'userVal'. It functions as intended but the editor pops up underneath my dialog. I've tried setting
Code:
<zorder>0</zorder>
on my dialog but, for the life of me, I can't get the editor to be the uppermost window. Invoking the dialog using show() rather than doModal() doesn't make any difference... Any ideas on how to make the editor the topmost window would be appreciated
you need to use a higher value for the zorder.
by default all dialogs in kodi have a zorder of 1, so specifying 0 in your dialog will indeed layer it underneath the others.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
(2016-02-23, 11:29)ronie Wrote: you need to use a higher value for the zorder.
by default all dialogs in kodi have a zorder of 1, so specifying 0 in your dialog will indeed layer it underneath the others.

But that's the problem, it isn't underneath the keyboard - it obscures the keyboard. I tried zorder=0 to get the keyboard to float on top. Is there any way I can set the zorder on the keyboard dialog?
ah, misread your question then...

no idea why that would happen then...
perhaps you can share your addon so we can have a closer look.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
I need to do some more investigation. I've just tested my addon against Jarvis and the behavior is now as expected... I don't know whether it's just one system that exhibits this problem (and I'm not near the affected system at the moment to test).

I'll install onto a few more systems and then get back to you and let you know whether my problem is solved - or not !

Thanks, Mark
OK. Never did have this occur again. So, it must have been some strange interaction between my Kodi and the PC it's running on.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Dialog Window / Skin.SetString()0